Thread: Face a problem with 270ex

Default Face a problem with 270ex

Good Day everyone, i having a problem with my Canon 270Ex, has anyone got this problem
    without taking a shot it will come out a pop sound and after that it can't flash again?
    I have change 2 time of the 270ex and give a same problem. the shop is kind to change with me 2 time. and it happen again to my 3rd 270ex flash again. i buy the flash on the 5 may 2010 and spoil on me 3 time in 1 week plus
    Last edited by peterpan; 16th May 2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Love insects Macro Photography本杰明 More Pctures at my Blog at bennieHsu

Default Re: Face a problem with 270ex

Overvoltage from hot shoe? Faulty batteries in your flash? Were you using the same batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    Overvoltage from hot shoe? Faulty batteries in your flash? Were you using the same batteries?
    Hi Sabee, thank you for the reply . the batteries i using the same. overvoltage i use other 3rd party flash never have this problem

Which shop did you purchase it frm? Would recommend tht you bring it to the canon service centre for a "checkup" first and find out the root of the problem.
    indie

If your flash died 3x in one week, I think its safe to say that other than a batch problem, it should be something other than the flash causing it to die. Since this is not your first flash I think we can rule out a user problem like firing the flash at full power repeatedly, what's left is just your batteries and body. Body can be checked at CSC and batteries you can probably just use a different set from now onwards once you get the flash replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Which shop did you purchase it frm? Would recommend tht you bring it to the canon service centre for a "checkup" first and find out the root of the problem.
    I will head down to Canon, ask them why what happen to the flash

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    If your flash died 3x in one week, I think its safe to say that other than a batch problem, it should be something other than the flash causing it to die. Since this is not your first flash I think we can rule out a user problem like firing the flash at full power repeatedly, what's left is just your batteries and body. Body can be checked at CSC and batteries you can probably just use a different set from now onwards once you get the flash replaced.
    noted, i will head down to csc

if it is constant firing at full power and there is no pre-flash fired everytime, than it may be ur camera's hot shoe problem, namely the 2 electric contacts at the outside, nearest to the view finder.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    if it is constant firing at full power and there is no pre-flash fired everytime, than it may be ur camera's hot shoe problem, namely the 2 electric contacts at the outside, nearest to the view finder.
    My other 3rd party sunpak flash have no poblem, with the camera hot shoe