Thread: Lighting for Macro

Default Lighting for Macro

Good day to all, Just taken up macro and would like to known what lighting accessories best for shooting in the night. I'm using Sony alpha A300 and there are no ring flash that couple to this camera to give better result. Is there any other alternative DIY lighting beside Horseshoe. Pls advice. Thank.
    Last edited by wantalk; 16th May 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: There is a padlock at the right side of this thread

Default Re: Lighting for Macro

LED flashlight.

Appreciate for your reply. What the size and strenght of the light

I'm afraid you'll have to do some test with these flashlight because their power varies and it also depends on the distance from subject.

Last edited by Diavonex; 18th May 2010 at 08:51 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by wantalk View Post
    Good day to all, Just taken up macro and would like to known what lighting accessories best for shooting in the night. I'm using Sony alpha A300 and there are no ring flash that couple to this camera to give better result. Is there any other alternative DIY lighting beside Horseshoe. Pls advice. Thank.
    Hotshoe not horseshoe...

Thank all for your advice

You don't need a ring flash to get good results. There are bros who only rely on natural lighting, some will use the build in flash and some will only use a flash mounted on their camera bodies.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by wantalk View Post
    U dun need a ring flash to get gd results, what matters is that u know how to get ur flash to walk for u, in night macro phorography, we try to get our light as close to the subjects as possible, go read up on flash photography, believe it will help in the long run..

Most i know (incuding me) we all shot "off camera"

The key thing being "Inverse square of law"

HTH
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Thank You all for your knowledge and do you all use the flashlight to freeze the insect by shining on its eye so you can be more close-up.