Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Guys, i need help!

Default Re: Guys, i need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Candylies View Post
    Oops i apologize for that. And many many thnaks. I won't be getting the 550D as i really dun like the feel of it. D90 is still the best currently thought my favourite is the 7D after testing it once. =)
    Looks like you prefer a heavier body. You should try out the D300 or D300s. It might feel even better than the 7D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Looks like you prefer a heavier body. You should try out the D300 or D300s. It might feel even better than the 7D.
    Or the D700

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Or the D700
    Guys!! i would love to get one of this big brothers of the D90! But i am limtied with budget of $2k.

Blog Entries

Guys!! i would love to get one of this big brothers of the D90! But i am limtied with budget of $2k.
    Well, we are like most men, we get excited and carried away talking about gears...

Well, we are like most men, we get excited and carried away talking about gears...
    HAHAHA yea man! And the ladies will nvr understand it, neither can we understand about their comestics, etc. =)

You seem to be pretty level headed

Stick to your budget, get your equipment and start shooting. The D90 should be more than adequate for most job. By next year it'll be an old camera .... but the lens you buy will still retain their value. Moral? Invest in lens, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by seafood View Post
    You seem to be pretty level headed

Stick to your budget, get your equipment and start shooting. The D90 should be more than adequate for most job. By next year it'll be an old camera .... but the lens you buy will still retain their value. Moral? Invest in lens, not bodies.
    D90 not heavy enough... Not ergonomic with big lens (that are more worth "investing").

D90 not heavy enough... Not ergonomic with big lens (that are more worth "investing").
    What do u mean by ergonomic with big lens? dun understand. hahaa

Deregistered

Not user friendly...

Blog Entries

Some people have this weird belief that when using long and heavy lenses, it is better to have a much heavier camera body, so it can balance.

Personally, I do not believe in that as total weight matters to me more. If the lens is heavy, I just have to hold the lens more than the camera body. Or find a better balance point on the lens where I hold the lens with my left hand. Thats all. To each his own, I'll say.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Not user friendly...
    Some how I feel that you are not making a lot of sense recently...

Weather too hot?

Some people have this weird belief that when using long and heavy lenses, it is better to have a much heavier camera body, so it can balance.

Personally, I do not believe in that as total weight matters to me more. If the lens is heavy, I just have to hold the lens more than the camera body. Or find a better balance point on the lens where I hold the lens with my left hand. Thats all. To each his own, I'll say.
    i see. hmmm kinda sad that i dun have enought budget to get a 7D. though i really love it more than the D90.

Hmmm and talking about heavier lenses is better to use a tripod than a monopod is it??

Or the D700
    Dun be a bad influenece brother.. come here posion ppl..

TS, ignore him... get D3s... muhahahhaa..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Hmmm and talking about heavier lenses is better to use a tripod than a monopod is it??
    The answer is Yes and No..

Yes. It provide better stability and allows u to shoot on long exposures or in low light situations where u dun feel comfortable shooting it handheld

No. In some situations where portabiity/flexibility (or where tripod are not allowed) is an issue.. Monopod comes in rather handy.. esp like sports, action shots and birding..

Hope this clarifies..
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    The answer is Yes and No..

Yes. It provide better stability and allows u to shoot on long exposures or in low light situations where u dun feel comfortable shooting it handheld

No. In some situations where portabiity/flexibility (or where tripod are not allowed) is an issue.. Monopod comes in rather handy.. esp like sports, action shots and birding..

Hope this clarifies..
    Thnks. Ok. Hmmm. Got a question to ask. Most of my friends uses Canon and they have plenty and many types of lenses. LOL Buy only 2 of my friends uses Nikon and they don't have lenses. haha. Should i get a Canon camera instead? LOL. So that i could borrow from them.

Thnks. Ok. Hmmm. Got a question to ask. Most of my friends uses Canon and they have plenty and many types of lenses. LOL Buy only 2 of my friends uses Nikon and they don't have lenses. haha. Should i get a Canon camera instead? LOL. So that i could borrow from them.
    If you have a $2000 lens, would you be happy lending it to a friend regularly What happens if it spoils during your use? This can be a consideration but should not affect your ultimate decision to buy either system.

Blog Entries

It is between you and your friends.

Personally, I do not like to lend lenses out to people. I take care of my gear. If something comes back with a problem, friendship will be strained.

Neither do I like to borrow lenses from people. Because it gives me a lot of stress and pressure to make sure nothing ever happens to it.

in the end, what I see is that most people who take care of their gear do not like to lend out their gear. A short 5-10 min test is ok. But not for extended periods. The risk is just too great, as friendships can be broken that way.

Everyone assumes that you should get the same system as your friends to "borrow lenses". Believe me, that almost never happens... A 2k lens is a sure test of a friendship.
    Alpha

got camera but no lens, they buy for display purposes at home izit?.. lol..

trust me, the "borrow lenses" thinking wont work. On a personal note, i think its ok if my friend fiddle ard with my lenses for an hr or 2, taking them away from me for more than 1 day i dun really welcome that idea. Can u really slp peacefully knowing that sth might happen to ur lenses in other ppl's hands? Nt for me..
    My Flickr|My Son

It is between you and your friends.

Personally, I do not like to lend lenses out to people. I take care of my gear. If something comes back with a problem, friendship will be strained.

Neither do I like to borrow lenses from people. Because it gives me a lot of stress and pressure to make sure nothing ever happens to it.

in the end, what I see is that most people who take care of their gear do not like to lend out their gear. A short 5-10 min test is ok. But not for extended periods. The risk is just too great, as friendships can be broken that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Everyone assumes that you should get the same system as your friends to "borrow lenses". Believe me, that almost never happens... A 2k lens is a sure test of a friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    got camera but no lens, they buy for display purposes at home izit?.. lol..

trust me, the "borrow lenses" thinking wont work. On a personal note, i think its ok if my friend fiddle ard with my lenses for an hr or 2, taking them away from me for more than 1 day i dun really welcome that idea. Can u really slp peacefully knowing that sth might happen to ur lenses in other ppl's hands? Nt for me..
    Well, i dun have any camera yet. what i meant was like my friends always share their lenses even if it cost a bomb. The pictures that i uploaded is borrowed from my friend who lend me her camera. =)

Thnks guys.

hmmm true. ok looks like i got very big issue. is money. LOL.
    Last edited by Candylies; 18th May 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast