Thread: Canon Selphy CP790 vs CP780

Default Canon Selphy CP790 vs CP780

Hi, contemplating to get 1 of the above mention printers, along with the optional battery pack. May i know whats the difference between the 2? Other then the print speed and LCD size difference.
    I tried searching online, but couldn't find any mentions on the print quality difference (if any).

I am geared towards the CP780 at the moment, but would like to know further if the CP790 is worth the extra.
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

Default Re: Canon Selphy CP790 vs CP780

have the Selphy designers fixed the major underexposure problem?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    have the Selphy designers fixed the major underexposure problem?
    No mention of that either in any reviews i've seen..
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

CP780 has slightly less functions when you print direct from memory card, such as cropping. CP790 adds those, and some bells and whistles.

Form factor is different too. CP780 is just a little box, while CP790 is a bigger green tub. I ended up with the CP790 and actually quite like the convenience of dumping the AC adapter, extra cartridges et.c into the tub.

The underexposure problem still exists. When printing direct from memory card, turn on "image optimise" function to address this. When printing from computer, you can adjust brightness/contrast/color accordingly. Or you can try using self-made Selphy ICCs that are available on the net.