Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    I bought PnS Minolta Dimage F100 4 megapixel few years back for $1,100.00, until I moved to DSLR and now back to smaller PEN. Can't imagine why price of digicam that time were so expensive. Sony first digicam 2 megapixel was $2,500.00. My Minolta I don't even know where it is, cannot find.

    Try Olympus model, art filter feature is very interesting.
    Olympus Digicam

  2. #22

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mama2213 View Post
    TS can use the canon Privilege Purchase Program to get a discounted canon cam.
    I also thought so... since he got an IXUS that can be used in the program.


  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by rgborj View Post
    I bought PnS Minolta Dimage F100 4 megapixel few years back for $1,100.00, until I moved to DSLR and now back to smaller PEN. Can't imagine why price of digicam that time were so expensive. Sony first digicam 2 megapixel was $2,500.00. My Minolta I don't even know where it is, cannot find.

    Try Olympus model, art filter feature is very interesting.
    I bought my my first digicam, a 1.3MP Olympus PnS for 650 USD. Back in those days, the PnS camera is larger and heavier than a Olympus DSLR.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    currently in my opinion, Panasonic and Sony the Auto mode is very impressive.

    **you want to be safe...look for cameras that use AA batteries.
    What is the replacement for Canon S5is ?

    It is a good prosumer cameras with wide capabilities,
    while G series purpose was different than S series
    EOS 1DMarkIV,
    Xwife : EOS40D, 5D, 5DMarkII, 7D, SonyA900 | seXytoys :EOS 400D, 450D, 500D, SonyA550

  5. #25

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    how about Canon Ixus 120 IS?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by tongki View Post
    What is the replacement for Canon S5is ?

    It is a good prosumer cameras with wide capabilities,
    while G series purpose was different than S series
    its either the S90 if want simple and compact, the G11 if want compact and hotshoe and the SX20 if want AA batteries and somewhat matches dslr features.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mama2213 View Post
    TS can use the canon Privilege Purchase Program to get a discounted canon cam.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamis View Post
    I also thought so... since he got an IXUS that can be used in the program.

    Sorry .... can you guys elaborate on this? I do have a discontinued Powershot as well ...

    What are the conditions and how much discount is expected?

  8. #28
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by seafood View Post
    Sorry .... can you guys elaborate on this? I do have a discontinued Powershot as well ...

    What are the conditions and how much discount is expected?
    There is a thread in the Canon forums on this.Please do a search on it.....

  9. #29

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by seafood View Post
    Sorry .... can you guys elaborate on this? I do have a discontinued Powershot as well ...

    What are the conditions and how much discount is expected?
    It's not that hard to look on the Canon website...
    Alpha

  10. #30
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    what about Canon Ixus 120 IS?
    Go down to the Canon showroon at Vivocity beside Golden Village and try out lah.You think everyone here is so free to give you reviews on every single camera?There are also websites which has reviews on various cameras like dpreview...

  11. #31
    Member wlhoh76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    30

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    If u can up your budget, why not consider S90? If you have decided on Canon, than you really have to check out whether there is the Privileged Purchase Program still available.

    Other than Canon, the other brands which the other bros recommended here are also very good PnS camera.
    Last edited by wlhoh76; 16th May 2010 at 07:46 PM.
    |Canon EOS 500D|17-55mm f2.8|50mm f1.8 II|18-55mm|55-250mm|430EXII|190XPROB|488RC2|

  12. #32

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by seafood View Post
    Sorry .... can you guys elaborate on this? I do have a discontinued Powershot as well ...

    What are the conditions and how much discount is expected?

    See this thread. All the information is in here.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509763


    Discount is 20.5% off the Price in below link:
    http://www.canon.com.sg/section/promotion/consumer.jsp

  13. #33

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's not that hard to look on the Canon website...
    Quote Originally Posted by adamis View Post
    See this thread. All the information is in here.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509763


    Discount is 20.5% off the Price in below link:
    http://www.canon.com.sg/section/promotion/consumer.jsp
    Thanks, adamis You are helpful

    I actually looked around canon.com.sg and couldn't find any info on this program and was wondering what u guys were talking about.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by seafood View Post
    Thanks, adamis You are helpful

    I actually looked around canon.com.sg and couldn't find any info on this program and was wondering what u guys were talking about.


    don't think you can find anything on the canon website regarding this.

    but you will get to know about it when you visit the Canon Service Centre.

    Please readup on the links provided before asking more questions, as lots of questions/answers are being repeated in the threads.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    someone mentioned SX20, if so, might as well get Panasonic FZ35, much better review than SX20. Only $5XX can get from sg ebay.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Recommendations on a good PnS camera?

    Sharing my own experience. It helps to know what you want out of this PnS. Most, if not all, PnS provide limited control. Noise control is hardly comparable to DSLR, so...

    - If you are concern about noise, you won't go wrong with the Fuji model mentioned here.
    - If you want good IQ from the camera, Canon has the advantages (IMHO).
    - If you want colourful & fancyful design, Canon and Sony has some nice one.
    - If you want it compact, which matters to me, Fuji, Sony & Casio produce real slim PnS.

    I still have my Canon IXUS II which was bought 6 yrs ago as an alternative when i'm lazy to lug my heavy/bulky DSLR around or for snapshot. Months ago, I wanted to get my wife a cam and I thought fancy design and good IQ from a PnS is a must for her, so, I got her a Canon IXUS 120. Recently, my girl starts to play with my old IXUS and I decided to let her have it. To get a replacement, size matters to me this time. With the help of 'feature search' function in DP review, I zoom into Casio EX-S10. It doesn't have good noise control, IQ isn't that great but its slimest PnS at 15mm. I'm willing to compromise on the picture quality because I need a slim cam. Its so slim that it goes well together with a card holder in my pocket.

    Hope my 2 cents help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •