Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ion mall Harper Bazaar

Default Re: Ion mall Harper Bazaar

no writeup is needed.. just submit jpeg files only...

i think when they select ur work as a winning piece, then u r asked to write something...

Yes, no writeup was needed.

I have submitted this to another contest, hope Chris King didn't participate :P
    D90 | 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 || flickr || photoblog

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Does the contest involves both picture and captions/description/essay/writeup?

If it is, then the writeup could be a deciding factor.
    does the contest involve just ONE single image winning, or a set of images?

i quote:

Simply submit 3 to 5 digital photos which relate to fashion/art/architecture. You must shoot on location at ION Orchard (inside or outside).

it is a set, there is more than ONE photograph being considered when judging, right?

SETS are very different from SINGLE IMAGES. if you had one similar picture, and there was little coherence between that single image and the rest of your set, then it could be a POOR SET, i noticed there are other images being included as well.. seems done in the same style. so let's not try to paint this as "oh, he won, maybe he copied me", since as you mentioned, you restrained yourself from posting it anywhere else. so this is a coincidence.

besides, i don't think you need to worry about chris king - most competitions will have rules that stipulate that entries should not have won other competitions previously. of course, there are individuals who couldn't give a rat's ass about this rule and do it anyways.. and win, such has been pointed out before.. but most people will adhere to it.

I think you could submit max 5 images.
    On the second page of the magazine, there are a number of Commendations which are all single images.

Default Re: Ion mall Harper Bazaar - Result and Similarity to my submission

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    congrats to Br3ndan for winning the contest!!!
    congrats!

let's hope that no one else comes in to post that one of their images got model in same pose with same background...

it's just a competition... no one wins all the time. so let's just take it as fun, don't get too upset when something else you deem as not as good as your own, or something as good as your own wins when you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by darrellchung View Post
    You've been robbed! This is unacceptable and suspicious. I think you should get some prize for this image as it is the most unique of all the submissions.
    you base this on the fact that you have seen all the submissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ssdesign View Post
    I think you could submit max 5 images.
    On the second page of the magazine, there are a number of Commendations which are all single images.
    nonetheless, even though they did not state it explicitly, the organisers requested for min 3 images, am i right?

did you submit only a single image? where are your other images?

http://www.ionorchard.com/whats-on/p...ography-awards

Hi,
    In none of my posts have I said that Chris "copied".
    I always kept saying I am stumped by the similarity.
    Its not a regular coincidence.

What I want to make sure is that next time if anyone see my image, they shouldn't think I copied Chris King
    because I also submitted at the same time he must have done.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i quote:

Simply submit 3 to 5 digital photos which relate to fashion/art/architecture. You must shoot on location at ION Orchard (inside or outside).

it is a set, there is more than ONE photograph being considered when judging, right?

SETS are very different from SINGLE IMAGES. if you had one similar picture, and there was little coherence between that single image and the rest of your set, then it could be a POOR SET, i noticed there are other images being included as well.. seems done in the same style. so let's not try to paint this as "oh, he won, maybe he copied me", since as you mentioned, you restrained yourself from posting it anywhere else. so this is a coincidence.

besides, i don't think you need to worry about chris king - most competitions will have rules that stipulate that entries should not have won other competitions previously. of course, there are individuals who couldn't give a rat's ass about this rule and do it anyways.. and win, such has been pointed out before.. but most people will adhere to it.

I submitted 5.
    I will upload them later tonight.

nonetheless, even though they did not state it explicitly, the organisers requested for min 3 images, am i right?

did you submit only a single image? where are your other images?

http://www.ionorchard.com/whats-on/p...ography-awards

What I want to make sure is that next time if anyone see my image, they shouldn't think I copied Chris King
    because I also submitted at the same time he must have done.
    why should you care about that?

even if you didn't, if chris king put up his image on the web before yours.. anyone has a right to feel that you could have copied his.... posting a thread in clubsnap isn't going to help matters.

in fact, if i were a very suspicious person, i might even construe this as you trying to cover up.

I submitted 5.
    I will upload them later tonight.
    yes, so if they were judged *as a set*, then even if one image is similar, there is no big deal.

here you have not stated the whole story, which is that the entries were entered as A SET.

you have people here questioning the integrity of the contestant chris king, along with remarks that you should have won because blah blah blah. god knows why, but does that make you happy to see the winner getting slimed?

if chris king happens to be on clubsnap, and he sees this thread, what do you think he will feel?

next time, when you win a contest, and someone else starts an entire thread dedicated to something like this, how would YOU feel?
    Last edited by night86mare; 14th May 2010 at 05:00 PM.

I think you never read the whole story.
    I never started this thread to bashup someone.

The similarities were so close (if atall you know anything about stereographic photography you can understand what I am saying, but never mind), that I was curious to post this thread.

Don't 'assume' that I am here to taint someones integrity.
    If other users "like yourself" want to make a fuss about this, you can.

My intention was to just discuss the coincidence and how such a composite image can also have its twins.

If you want to talk about that, you are most welcome.
    Intention of this thread is NOT to bash the organizer or the winner. Please understand that and than post your reply.

If there is any single post of mine that says otherwise, point to it.
    I hate it when people like you pickup things from wrong perspective.

yes, so if they were judged *as a set*, then even if one image is similar, there is no big deal.

here you have not stated the whole story, which is that the entries were entered as A SET.

you have people here questioning the integrity of the contestant chris king, along with remarks that you should have won because blah blah blah. god knows why, but does that make you happy to see the winner getting slimed?

if chris king happens to be on clubsnap, and he sees this thread, what do you think he will feel?

next time, when you win a contest, and someone else starts an entire thread dedicated to something like this, how would YOU feel?

I never started this thread to bashup someone.
    if you say so!

Quote Originally Posted by ssdesign
    Yes they are different (as I mentioned already). I am just saying that its too similar
    too similar meaning? just because you make it vague doesn't mean that you are absolved. you even went to the point of checking with the organisers and showing them your picture. i think the organisers must be laughing at you behind their backs, wondering why someone is so upset about not winning that he has to resort to such means.

don't see you telling the people who are making those statements to refrain from doing so either.

whatever floats your boat. sad to say, competitions always bring out the worst in people, to the point that they are blind as to what their own agenda is.

to me, this is like the olympic diving semifinalist starting a thread stating that the first few rolls of the diving world runner up was similar to his own... ludicrous. he can state 8000 times that he isn't looking to bash someone, that he isn't a bunch of sour grapes, the truth is there for everyone to see.

have a nice day.
    Last edited by night86mare; 14th May 2010 at 05:18 PM.

You must understand why I called them before you make any of your stupid comments.

Imagine you are a participant and you rush to the magazine stall in the morning to find the winner,
    You open this page and see this image under someone elses name, what would be your reaction if this was you (have a closer look at the images before you go about posting something).

I bet you will pick up your phone and call the organiser.
    Thats what I did.

You must understand why I called them before you make any of your stupid comments.

Imagine you are a participant and you rush to the magazine stall in the morning to find the winner,
    You open this page and see this image under someone elses name, what would be your reaction if this was you (have a closer look at the images before you go about posting something).

I bet you will pick up your phone and call the organiser.
    Thats what I did.
    you bet wrong.

i would check and check again to make sure that i was sure that was my entry.

after obvious, glaring differences such as the lower bottom right of the picture, the different tv screens, the DIFFERENT ASPECT RATIO of the image, even.. i would have just thought "oh dear, i didn't win... it's a pity, but that's life" and gone about my daily life. i would not have called the organiser to whine, neither would i have started a thread on clubsnap to air my frustration about not winning despite having one similar image to the winning contestant. the judges didn't like yours, maybe a mosquito was buzzing in their ear at that moment.. competitions can be as fickle as anything else. i would have sucked it in, and moved on.

not to mention there was another image on the page that isn't yours, right?

so your first reaction was "OH DEAR THEY THOUGHT I'M CHRIS KING?"

i find that very, very hard to believe. but it's ok, maybe you hadn't woken up yet.
    Last edited by night86mare; 14th May 2010 at 05:49 PM.

somewhat the same but not 100% and your pic is nice also, it's just judges prefers the other one....congrats to the winners.....

Blog Entries

just a gentle reminder to keep things civil here .............
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

There is that saying: Great Minds Think Alike.

As much as sometime we feel we are the only one capable of a particular thought but well it is not uncommon for a cluster of people has the same idea pop into their head. Stranger things in life has happened.

Default Re: Ion mall Harper Bazaar - Result and Similarity to my submission

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    congrats to Br3ndan for winning the contest!!!
    Seriously no surprises that Brandon will win la....
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12