Thread: Query on Estimated Street Price of Tamron (Canon mount) 17-50 F2.8

Default Query on Estimated Street Price of Tamron (Canon mount) 17-50 F2.8

Query on Estimated Street Price of Tamron (Canon mount) 17-50 F2.8, seeking advices

Is this lens worth getting vs the Canon 18-135 IS which Cathay Penisula ppl will dismantle from the 7D kit to sell at 680?

My budget is around 600 to 700. Heard the 17-50 is better in IQ and night indoor shots, wonder the street price, whether a worthwhile choice.

Thanks bro and sisters for your kind advices

Default Re: Query on Estimated Street Price of Tamron (Canon mount) 17-50 F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lim View Post
    Query on Estimated Street Price of Tamron (Canon mount) 17-50 F2.8, seeking advices

Is this lens worth getting vs the Canon 18-135 IS which Cathay Penisula ppl will dismantle from the 7D kit to sell at 680?

My budget is around 600 to 700. Heard the 17-50 is better in IQ and night indoor shots, wonder the street price, whether a worthwhile choice.

tamron 17-50 about $620 +/-...3 yrs warranty...
    IQ wise..no comment sicne didn't use 18-135 b4...
    try out OP if interested wif tamron..they haf lots of stock for testing (call to double cfm..send equote for better price)...but dun b ridiculous as in, askin for 3 pieces or more for testing..lol..

55 posts and you still haven't found the "priceguides" section on ClubSnap?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654720
    Alpha

Should be within ur budget if you are getting the tammy non-vc

go for it if u really need the fixed aperture (helps to a certain extent in lowlight shooting)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son