Thread: photographer's portfolio

Default photographer's portfolio

hi, im a n00b here. i'd like to know about the requirement for portfolio of a photographer. like, d usual size of the portfolio, the size of d print, photo printing or ordinary printing... anything that u can share...

thx alot...

usually at least 20 representative photos (to display your talents and areas of expertise), in S8R size. all packaged nicely in a portfolio book...

so how does a portfolio book should look like?isit those clear folder type?isit neccessary to be mounted?

mind showing us yours?

thanks a lot

I use A3 acid free plastic sleeves with holes punched on the edge for both my work and images. All binded in a Daler Rowney portfolio(holds about 50-75 prints) with a carry handle and shoulder strap. All these can be purchased from Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex.

may i know which series u bought? cos got a lot of them.. heheh

oh okay...thanks..so u hav to mount the photo 1st right?if not the S8R would be secure in the plastic sleeves?

one last question...
    i always wonder,those photo in the wedding album..how are they mounted on the pages and how come its so perfectly mounted..or isit those photos printed directly on the page itself?

thx

The name is not shown on my case and I couldn't really make up what's in those picstures but I think I've got the Maxi Presentation Artcase judging from the amount of sleeves that can be put inside. Also, mine's not black but in black/gray checks. Comes in various sizes from A4 to A1.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIN_MAN
    oh okay...thanks..so u hav to mount the photo 1st right?if not the S8R would be secure in the plastic sleeves?

one last question...
    i always wonder,those photo in the wedding album..how are they mounted on the pages and how come its so perfectly mounted..or isit those photos printed directly on the page itself?

thx
    Mounting as in mounted on cardboards or? Anyway I print on A3s matte paper so it fits nicely in the sleeves. The sleeves are actually bigger then A3 but the prints are pretty secured, not much movement. I would imagine anything that's mounted would be too thick to fit into the sleeves.

Not sure about those wedding albums but I think some of them uses photo corners.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIN_MAN

one last question...

thx
    Can actually use 3M spray mount (can be bought at most DIY shops) to stick the photos on. Cost abt $15 per can

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    The name is not shown on my case and I couldn't really make up what's in those picstures but I think I've got the Maxi Presentation Artcase judging from the amount of sleeves that can be put inside. Also, mine's not black but in black/gray checks. Comes in various sizes from A4 to A1.
    kk thx alot...