Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product photography question

Default Re: Product photography question

use a cricular polarizing filter it will eliminate any reflections

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    I have a little problem photographing certain reflective objects (eg, jewellery) in a soft box. For some shots of these objects, the photo has to be taken from a straight-on angle (request from client) and this results in the reflection of the camera on the object, are there any tricks I can employ to get around this problem, without using a different angle?

TIA!
    hard to explain here... but i shoot chrome mirror finish metal cylinder 1...

u need a tent, tilt shift lens, and a big white board with a hole for the lens.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by knight84 View Post
    use a cricular polarizing filter it will eliminate any reflections
    duh... stop praying to the cir-pol...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

hmm. try all black round? as far as i can tell, ur operating with a white bg and white everything. a black lens will certainly stand out more as a reflection. perhaps a all back might help too. maybe. i cant comfirm until i try it myself. which isnt anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    hmm. try all black round? as far as i can tell, ur operating with a white bg and white everything. a black lens will certainly stand out more as a reflection. perhaps a all back might help too. maybe. i cant comfirm until i try it myself. which isnt anytime soon.
    after reading, i think its easier for him to use a flatbed scanner to scan the jewellery... LOL...

to answer ur question, it all boils down to the client, client say white background, shadowless, u lppl also must do it.

and its silver, unless he is using a stand of some sort, else shooting on black velvet/silk will see crease or dust.

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    I have a little problem photographing certain reflective objects (eg, jewellery) in a soft box. For some shots of these objects, the photo has to be taken from a straight-on angle (request from client) and this results in the reflection of the camera on the object, are there any tricks I can employ to get around this problem, without using a different angle?

TIA!
    Have you tried this before ?

http://www.tabletopstudio.com/videos/Reflections.wmv

http://www.tabletopstudio.com/docume...hotography.htm

You still can see the reflection of the front cover, but not as obvious as the black camera body.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12