Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which CS members have given you the impetus ....

Default Re: Which CS members have given you the impetus ....

N86M....
    I thot pentaxians are pushover.... His APAD teach me that a camera is just a tool and nothing else.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

1. streetshooter - one of the pioneers of street shooting in CS
    2. ndroo - for his alternative and quirky photographic vision
    3. night86mare - sheer dedication to his craft!

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    student - the only person in cs who influence me most. Thanks for his guidance for helping me into photography. I am glad and honour to meet him only once in the grey matters exhibition. His words of wisdom still park in my brain.
    agreed 100%
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    This thread is dedicated to some of the brothers here, active or ex members, who have directly or indirectly given us the impetus to get interested in photography and to improve on our skills and understanding.

Kindly refrain from adding comments which will instantly transform this into a circus or a zoo party. Kindly name not more than 3 members at most, and if possible state the influencing factors. Please note that every one has difference "mentors" and as such there is no need to question any choices.

He can be anyone (but must be a current or ex-member here) who has influenced you in any small ways ....

For me, I have:
    1. Sulhan - in 2003 when I first started, didn't know much about the technical aspects of photography, joined Mr Sulhan in his "free" orientation course at the Botanical Garden for half a day. Though the class lesson was quite basic, that afternoon changed my interest. I was also impressed by him to impart and shared his knowledge on photography. Though he didn't know, those students have forever remembered him.
    The lesson I learned - we must keep teaching others what we know and never expect anything back. One day, one day , .......

2. Deadpoet - this famous member, unfortunately didn't see him around here anymore. Though most people are not in vibe with his style of c&c, but he has inspired and motivated many members here with his very harsh comments. Through them, I have learned to be critical with myself. Thanks, bro DP, I have learned much from you.

3. Bobman - this equally famous member has also given me an opportunity to appreciate the artistic aspects of the human bodies through the camera, which I thought was never possible in this conservative society, and which I thought was only available in the western world. Though there are many people who are suspicious and question his ulterior motives, my interest is only on his enterprising spirit to bring in good professional models at affordable budget prices for members to try out the artistic photography. Uncle Bob, wherever you are, we always remember you!
    Hey Canonised, someone mentioned to me that I made it onto CS once again. Did not expect this. Thank you!

Yes, those were fun days
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Hey Canonised, someone mentioned to me that I made it onto CS once again. Did not expect this. Thank you!

Yes, those were fun days
    yeh, the Portrait dept needs you badly
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12