Thread: How much are you willing to pay above overseas price for local warranty?

Default How much are you willing to pay above overseas price for local warranty?

In the case of say a 70-200 2.8, its about $250 more but gives 3 years local warranty. To me its worthwhile as it will be my primary work lens.

what about you guys?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: How much are you willing to pay above overseas price for local warranty?

Bro, Lens are make to last (esp the gd ones) and we all know we will treat it more dearly than our our own life.. i will rather get it in HK on the cheap..

Warranty wise i wun really bother (1 yr is gd enuff for me)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Default Re: How much are you willing to pay above overseas price for local warranty?

Extending the local warranty by 2 years is about 10% of the lens retail price. Hence the difference is quite small.

That was my thinking eg. Tamron in US is offering 6 years in US while in SG is 3 years and the thing is in some cases, singapore is more expensive yet shorter warranty.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    That was my thinking eg. Tamron in US is offering 6 years in US while in SG is 3 years and the thing is in some cases, singapore is more expensive yet shorter warranty.
    Economical of Scale.....