Event Name: 2010 Radar Slam Dunk Championships
Venue: Bedok Reservoir (Along Bedok Reservoir Road, opposite Waterfront Key Apartments)
Date: Saturday, 22nd & Sunday 23rd May 2010
Time: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm both days
Organisers: Singapore Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (SWWF)
• The 2010 Slam Dunk Championships will feature the best local and regional waterskiers from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand, as well as skiers from France and the USA
• Slalom, tricks and jumping are the three events of waterskiing.
• The 2010 Slam Dunk Championships will feature the slalom discipline
• The slalom event is performed on one ski by an athlete attempting to negotiate his way around the outside of six buoys in a zigzag course without falling or missing a buoy in consecutive passes. An athlete receives one point for each buoy that he successfully rounds. The athlete who skis around the most buoys and scores the most points, wins the event. Each athlete begins with a 18-meter (60-foot) slalom rope at the minimum boat speed for his age/gender division. Once an athlete has run enough passes to reach maximum boat speed for his division, the rope is shortened in pre-measured lengths until he misses a buoy or falls.
• The maximum speed for women is 55 kph (34 mph) and 58 kph (36 mph) for men.
• There will be event categories for athletes of all abilities.