Thread: Newbie here... advise needed..

Default Newbie here... advise needed..

Hi, first post in this forum.

Just bought a canon G5. Anyone can advise on how to maintain a digicam?
    Do I need a cleaning kit? Any guides on choosing a cleaning kit?

thanks in advance..

Do have a read on this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=64126

basically, keep it in a dry place.

if possible, invest in a good LEATHER pouch with soft cushioning inside for ur digital cam.

always take out ur battery and memory card when not in use for a period of more than 48hrs.

hmmm.....IMO, those are the few most BASIC things u should do. u shud read up more on it.

[QUOTE=Sukoo]Hi, first post in this forum.

QUOTE]

Use it.

Actually you don't really need any cleaning kit at all, simply clean with a cloth + a blower. that's all..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Good one! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou

if possible, invest in a good LEATHER pouch with soft cushioning inside for ur digital cam.

always take out ur battery and memory card when not in use for a period of more than 48hrs.

hmmm.....IMO, those are the few most BASIC things u should do. u shud read up more on it.
    Oh yes.. a pouch. The G5 doesn't comes with a pouch. I bought it during the canon promotion. Only comes with a tripod and 256mb CF.

Thanks for the advise on removing the CF and battery when not in use. I'll keep that in mind.

BASIC things like? Those mentioned in the threat given by "The Cheat" ? or u mean the manual that comes with the camera?

[QUOTE=Minoxman]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoo
    Hi, first post in this forum.

QUOTE]

Use it.
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Still reading the user guide and trying to get familiar with the features... tried a few snaps at home and outdoors already...

result no good leh... errr I mean my skill, definately not the G5's problem. The Auto seems to be working the best for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Spyer2
    Actually you don't really need any cleaning kit at all, simply clean with a cloth + a blower. that's all..
    A blower? What's that? electrical device?

Blower - a simple device to blow air... most are in the form of a ball like thing.. with a tube to direct the air out as you squeeze the ball

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg
    Blower - a simple device to blow air... most are in the form of a ball like thing.. with a tube to direct the air out as you squeeze the ball
    Hey, I think I have seen something like that before in some shops.. thanks. Will get one. So all I gotta do is use it to blow away the dust or small particles on the lens?

I learn something too. I shall go and take out my battery and memory card from my camera now, cause I put them in the camera all the time

eh? issit? nv really heard of that thou...

Hmmmm .... my CF card is always in the camera to avoid taking in/out from the chamber. ....

Battery advise to remove if you intends not to shoot for long time ... how long I dun know depends on you lar.......
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Hmmmm .... my CF card is always in the camera to avoid taking in/out from the chamber. ....

Battery advise to remove if you intends not to shoot for long time ... how long I dun know depends on you lar.......
    lol
    come to think of it, is there any guideline or anything...hmmm