31 47.69%
  • Just get use to it

9 13.85%
  • Sell and buy another one

15 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regret before?

Default Re: Regret before?

Yes... I bought the body because it's very cheap.. but it isn't really what I wanted at first.. but I am still fine with it. Lenses, no.

Yes, didn't check a 2nd hand lens properly, after getting it checked by a camera consultant, its Optical Axis is off... Haven't come abt to fixing it as its just a painful sum of money...
    S5pro,Toki28-70,12-24,Tam17-35spoilt,70-200,SB600,800,Voigt 58F1.4,http://hensongerard.multiply.com

Quote Originally Posted by smile_gerard View Post
    Yes, didn't check a 2nd hand lens properly, after getting it checked by a camera consultant, its Optical Axis is off... Haven't come abt to fixing it as its just a painful sum of money...
    Ha ha... same thing happened to me. I got it fixed though, but now the total cost is way more than I can ever get if I sell it.

yes for the particular accessories that I seldom use...anything that I don't utilize, I tink it's a waste of money to buy in the first place...Regret~
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    I thought title should be "Regret after?"
    i think what TS meant was if this situation (regretting) has happened to you before. tho its grammatically incorrect.

anyway i did my study, hands-on at shops, ask around much, so no regrets so far. but to be fair i dun have much to begin with... lol
    Last edited by Alan Chan; 11th May 2010 at 01:59 PM.

1. buy 2nd hand
    2. test for a week or two
      1. keep if i like
      2. sell if i dont like
        1. go back to number 1

I buy, use it. Dun like it, sell it. No point regreting.

Though going thru research and review, there were still cases the item did not suit me. In any case, I did not regret. Some might say, I paid for the experience.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

Blog Entries

You should look for bro fatigue. He offers very reasonable rates. And he knows his stuff. Highly recommended. Only thing is, he gets overloaded very often, since he is only doing this part time as a sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You should look for bro fatigue. He offers very reasonable rates. And he knows his stuff. Highly recommended. Only thing is, he gets overloaded very often, since he is only doing this part time as a sideline.
    I did... I went to both phillip tay and fatigue. Phillip's verdict was the Optic Axis is off but he doesn't have the time to do a job like it and its not cheap either, i approached fatigue, he also says he don't have the time. And that lots of trial and error will be needed. So he offered to teach how i could try to do it. But i haven't arranged a date and time yet.
    S5pro,Toki28-70,12-24,Tam17-35spoilt,70-200,SB600,800,Voigt 58F1.4,http://hensongerard.multiply.com

Blog Entries

I did... I went to both phillip tay and fatigue. Phillip's verdict was the Optic Axis is off but he doesn't have the time to do a job like it and its not cheap either, i approached fatigue, he also says he don't have the time. And that lots of trial and error will be needed. So he offered to teach how i could try to do it. But i haven't arranged a date and time yet.
    Take it as an experience la. Once you know how to do this, you can start offering repair services.

Anyway, once you get the thing done, you will gain a sense of satisfaction beyond any other. And your 17-35 will be whole again.

I hope so, it could also mean i have an expensive paper weight...

I got quite a number of 50mm and I oftenly ask why do I have so many 50mm, but I never regret and they serve as good cash backup for funds as long as I keep them well.

Nope. I rent the lens first for 3 days before deciding whether to buy.

I only have 1 rarely used 50mm F1.8 lens but that's fine with me because it's quite cheap. :P

i have bought and sold the 100mm macro 3 three times. do i regret it? not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    i have bought and sold the 100mm macro 3 three times. do i regret it? not at all.
    rental via BnS? I do the same actually... except every time is only Buy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12