Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Advise on what else is needed.

  1. #1

    Default Advise on what else is needed.

    Will be heading the Funan to purchase my White Pentax KX this weekend from either SLR or AP.

    1) Need advise on what UV Filter is good?
    2) A good SD card with fast speed.
    3) Cleaning Kit
    4) Batteries.

    Other than that, I'll be getting a 50litre Analog Dry Cabinet.

    Please advise on the above mentioned with price & where to get it.

    Thanks so much!!

    Newbie here...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    1) Why do you need a UV filter? And the filters are listed in the price guide, please try to show some initiative.
    2) Why not read the dozens of SD card reviews?
    3) Again, a common question. Search on here for "cleaning kit"
    4) Again, a very very common question. We have many "best rechargeable AA batteries" threads.

    Please don't expect to be spoonfed.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    1) Why do you need a UV filter? And the filters are listed in the price guide, please try to show some initiative.
    2) Why not read the dozens of SD card reviews?
    3) Again, a common question. Search on here for "cleaning kit"
    4) Again, a very very common question. We have many "best rechargeable AA batteries" threads.

    Please don't expect to be spoonfed.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by joycegian View Post
    Will be heading the Funan to purchase my White Pentax KX this weekend from either SLR or AP.

    1) Need advise on what UV Filter is good?
    2) A good SD card with fast speed.
    3) Cleaning Kit
    4) Batteries.

    Other than that, I'll be getting a 50litre Analog Dry Cabinet.

    Please advise on the above mentioned with price & where to get it.

    Thanks so much!!

    Newbie here...
    1)Just get a basic UV filter(Hoya or Kenko)when buying your camera or get from mass sales-----$10 to $20
    2)Sandisk Ultra will do-----$20
    3)Mass sales again-----$10 to $20
    4)Most K-x users will get a sanyo eneloop 2hr charger with 8 eneloops.Can get from ebay,shops or mass sales-----$50>
    5)Parisilk or Carrefour-----$168

    Better call shops for availability first because K-x is selling like hotcakes...

    P.S Its K-x not KX(This one is the film one)
    Last edited by cleonbus; 10th May 2010 at 06:45 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    maybe a mod could move this to the Pentax subforum?

    TS, what you can do is search the Pentax sub forum. Pricings and recommendations are plenty there.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    maybe a mod could move this to the Pentax subforum?
    TS, what you can do is search the Pentax sub forum. Pricings and recommendations are plenty there.
    From what I have observed, people with "feed me" syndrome are not specific to any brand. Unless you want to attract them in Pentax subforum
    EOS

  7. #7

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    From what I have observed, people with "feed me" syndrome are not specific to any brand. Unless you want to attract them in Pentax subforum
    well this one knows what to buy...a step up from those who have no idea what they want other then cheapest, best and etc.

    The Pentax KX is a fine little camera.
    Last edited by Reportage; 10th May 2010 at 09:25 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by joycegian View Post
    Will be heading the Funan to purchase my White Pentax KX this weekend from either SLR or AP.

    1) Need advise on what UV Filter is good?
    2) A good SD card with fast speed.
    3) Cleaning Kit
    4) Batteries.

    Other than that, I'll be getting a 50litre Analog Dry Cabinet.

    Please advise on the above mentioned with price & where to get it.

    Thanks so much!!

    Newbie here...

    If you are purchasing your DSLR in Funan, do go to shops with better reputation like John or SLR Revo.

    1. Like cleonbus said, get the filter together with your DSLR.
    2. Having your budget in mind, try bargain with the the SDHC card included in the package.
    3. Any basic kit will do, the shop should sell it too.
    4. Unless you getting a flash together, your DSLR will probably never need those AA batteries.

    Dry Cab can order from one of the advertiser in the Mass Sales section.
    No signature ... A lot of things need to learn ...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    1)Just get a basic UV filter(Hoya or Kenko)when buying your camera or get from mass sales-----$10 to $20
    2)Sandisk Ultra will do-----$20
    3)Mass sales again-----$10 to $20
    4)Most K-x users will get a sanyo eneloop 2hr charger with 8 eneloops.Can get from ebay,shops or mass sales-----$50>
    5)Parisilk or Carrefour-----$168

    Better call shops for availability first because K-x is selling like hotcakes...

    P.S Its K-x not KX(This one is the film one)
    Cleonbus has already given the answers you need.
    You may want to check out the Pentax subforum. A lot of the topics have already been discussed and the threads are still there.

    There is a Kx help thread as well.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by nonamesg View Post
    If you are purchasing your DSLR in Funan, do go to shops with better reputation like John or SLR Revo.

    1. Like cleonbus said, get the filter together with your DSLR.
    2. Having your budget in mind, try bargain with the the SDHC card included in the package.
    3. Any basic kit will do, the shop should sell it too.
    4. Unless you getting a flash together, your DSLR will probably never need those AA batteries.

    Dry Cab can order from one of the advertiser in the Mass Sales section.
    K-x uses AA batteries lah...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    K-x uses AA batteries lah...
    Pie-seh din know this ...
    No signature ... A lot of things need to learn ...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Advise on what else is needed.

    Never state your areas of interest of photography, hard for the bro/sis here too advise you what to get..



    However, do get a dry cabinet to prevent fungus grow if you happen to live in our humid little red dot..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •