Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon, Panasonic or Olympus!

Default Re: Canon, Panasonic or Olympus!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The significance is poorer dynamic range and the usual issues with a smaller sensor. Also a 2x crop factor.
    but its not all about sensor size right? cos if i recall samsung nx got aps-c sized sensor but most reviews indicate performance/image quality is still better with the micro four thirds cams

Quote Originally Posted by Shahrie View Post
    Yeay! I realised I am finally a 'member'!! No longer 'new member'! Hehe. Sorry TS, guys don't mean to disrupt. Haha.
    Congrat
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

I think what Rashkae is saying is a general statement that's all. No need to dig out all those reviews la.
    People who have been into digital photography knows that, in general, a smaller sensor will result in lesser capabilities in things like signal-to-noise ratios, image quality, or whatever.
    The final image that comes out of it will also depends on the processor of the camera, all those noise reduction algorithm and blar blar blar.

So if one were to compare cameras, it is still better (IMHO) to look at them individually, as well as keeping in mind the pros and cons of each system (e.g. crop factors, sensor sizes, form factors, controls, lens selection range, etc).
    cameras are not made of tofu

thats why it would have been better if that part was left out... because it doesnt really serve the original poster or other beginners, since its just one part of the equation. plus the inaccurate assertion in terms of market share? hmmm

Oh good lord. Your PC knowledge is zero. You don't need a discrete graphic card with loads of RAM just to reproduce colors accurately! It's all a matter of calibration!! 2 PCs with different monitors, different color profiles will of course show it differently!!

I think I should open a shop in Sim Lim, and sell high-end graphic cards to n00b photographers who think they need them to accurately reproduce colors. I could make a lot of money...
    "An adequate graphics card is a necessity
    What's going on inside your computer can have a profound effect on what's displayed on your monitor. If you hook up a 4- or 5-year-old PC to a top-of-the-line new monitor, there's a good chance your graphics card will need an upgrade to give you the best possible image quality. You'll need a card that supports your interface, be it DVI or HDMI, and it will need to support your monitor's resolution--this is especially important on 30-inch models with 2,560x1,600-pixel resolutions. Sometimes, improving your graphics card's performance can be as easy as installing a driver upgrade from the manufacturer's Web site."

Link

Oh good lord. Your PC knowledge is zero. You don't need a discrete graphic card with loads of RAM just to reproduce colors accurately! It's all a matter of calibration!! 2 PCs with different monitors, different color profiles will of course show it differently!!

I think I should open a shop in Sim Lim, and sell high-end graphic cards to n00b photographers who think they need them to accurately reproduce colors. I could make a lot of money...
    hahaha.. finally i agree with u.. computers nowadays are more than able to render the colors in your pictures. integrated or dedicated graphics card wont render your image differently at this point.. most use dedicated for 3d rendering. dont worry about the computer, worry about the camera for now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123