Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aargh!!! another beautiful girl photo with Canon EOS300D

Default Aargh!!! another beautiful girl photo with Canon EOS300D

I was in luck. Managed to borrow a Canon EOS 300D with a 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens from MBF (my best friend).

Just FYI, the Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens is the latest “state of art” lens produced by Canon. Well, the name is a mouthful. A friend of mine, a non-photographer says that it is a “Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 is a Lazy Ultimate Silly Machine.”

The abbreviations actually means “Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor” It cost an arm and a leg.

BTW, have just found out that Canon pricing strategy is based on the length of the name of the lens. For example: 50mm f1.4 costs very much less than 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor lens…..after adding in all the full stops, commas and spacings.

I was to meet him in KL to collect the camera from him. Managed to arrive at his place at noon…..since it was lunch time…..offered to buy him a lunch (in exchanged for his generosity).

We walked off from his office and knowing how crazy the traffic system in KL was during lunch time, decided to take a walk to our chosen venue.

On the way I saw a tall and slim girl with the most exquisite body I have ever seen….with the right curves at the right locations. Her skin complexion was very fair, with translucent radiance that seem to radiate light from within....…… and she was wearing a beautiful well designed white dress. She was in a hurry….walking very briskly towards a waiting car.

“Wow!!!” I exclaimed,

MBF turned around and looked in my direction….

WOW!!!, he said.

“Quick take a photo of her before she disappears” he said.

Out came the Canon EOS 300D with the 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens. Before I pressed the shutter, MBF reminded me that the setting was in B&W……Well, I had a problem……knowing how the superb meter was wired….it would read a perfect 18% grey setting. That is to say if I were to press the shutter, I would have a grey picture of a very fair girl in a grey dress. Horrors!!!

With the presence of mind I quickly move the exposure zone from zone V to zone IIX
    or was it IX.…..to do justice to the once in a lifetime image where dreams were made off.

So sit back and enjoy……..please feel free to comment.

Calling all sifus out there for advise.

“I have no professional training.”....

The shadow surrounding the picture is not vignetting.....L lens no so bad leh!!! It is the shadow cast by the picture frame.
    Last edited by maxby; 8th April 2004 at 10:52 PM.

Unable to view your picture. Think u would have to try to upload your file to some other image hosting website or do a check on the link you've posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by maxby
    I was in luck. Managed to borrow a Canon EOS 300D with a 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens from MBF (my best friend).

Just FYI, the Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens is the latest “state of art” lens produced by Canon. Well, the name is a mouthful. A friend of mine, a non-photographer says that it is a “Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 is a Lazy Ultimate Silly Machine.”

The abbreviations actually means “Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor” It cost an arm and a leg.

BTW, have just found out that Canon pricing strategy is based on the length of the name of the lens. For example: 50mm f1.4 costs very much less than 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor lens…..after adding in all the full stops, commas and spacings.

I was to meet him in KL to collect the camera from him. Managed to arrive at his place at noon…..since it was lunch time…..offered to buy him a lunch (in exchanged for his generosity).

We walked off from his office and knowing how crazy the traffic system in KL was during lunch time, decided to take a walk to our chosen venue.

On the way I saw a tall and slim girl with the most exquisite body I have ever seen….with the right curves at the right locations. Her skin complexion was very fair, with translucent radiance that seem to radiate light from within....…… and she was wearing a beautiful well designed white dress. She was in a hurry….walking very briskly towards a waiting car.

“Wow!!!” I exclaimed,

WOW!!!, he said.

Out came the Canon EOS 300D with the 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 IS L USM lens. Before I pressed the shutter, MBF reminded me that the setting was in B&W……Well, I had a problem……knowing how the superb meter was wired….it would read a perfect 18% grey setting. That is to say if I were to press the shutter, I would have a grey picture of a very fair girl in a grey dress. Horrors!!!

With the presence of mind I quickly move the exposure zone from zone V to zone IIX
    or was it IX.…..to do justice to the once in a lifetime image where dreams were made off.

The shadow surrounding the picture is not vignetting.....L lens no so bad leh!!! It is the shadow cast by the picture frame.

Heh! Seems like the 300mm is a little too long eh!?
    The white balance is spot on though! Thanks!

Hoi! Is the tall and slim girl with the most exquisite body you have ever seen….with the right curves at the right locations wearing a red broad-rim hat with white cross.

I lived in KL for 20 years and hadn't seen any girl with "translucent radiance". Have you been watching ET?

after that long exciting story.... and a big red cross..

disappointing...

This looks very much like a "Visit Kuala Lumpur" ad.

A city of truslucent radiance.

Hmm ... wer the image?
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

sorry but it looks like a cheesy ad in some magazine..

and no pic

Alamak all this talk and I still cannot see the image.

Meaning there's no such "tall and slim girl with the most exquisite body, with the right curves at the right locations, and skin complexion was very fair, with translucent radiance that seem to radiate light from within, wearing a beautiful well designed white dress, taken with a Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor".

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Meaning there's no such "tall and slim girl with the most exquisite body, with the right curves at the right locations, and skin complexion was very fair, with translucent radiance that seem to radiate light from within, wearing a beautiful well designed white dress, taken with a Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor".
    Or prehaps, there is no Canon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer Luxury Ultra Sonic Motor at all??? this lens is not release yet right???

Coz most looked at the title,
    & expected to see a photo of a pretty girl,
    not a pretty photo of a girl.

So did u see (beautiful girl) photo, or a beautiful (girl photo) ?

Empty talk?

Talking

Bravo! My descent Sony Ericsson T610 tiny camera also can produce such picture lah... red cross only what?

Quote Originally Posted by maxby

“Wow!!!” I exclaimed,

WOW!!!, he said.

???????!!!!!!!

Either I par ciao or there's no pic at all ?
    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

no such image of a wonderful girl exist ?

Default photoforum

go to http://www.photoforum.org/index.php

got plenty there!!!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast