Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad as a photo previewer!

Default Re: Apple iPad as a photo previewer!

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    will be better if its built in SD CF reader . . cant be dragging a wire all around 24 hours !
    Name me one notebook / net book with an inbuilt CF card reader. Let's not be overly critical, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by merkava74 View Post
    Name me one notebook / net book with an inbuilt CF card reader. Let's not be overly critical, shall we?
    next time, do a google first:

http://archive.laptopmag.com/Review/Gateway-7405GX.ht

Usually notebooks have SD reader, but for Ipad , some how it should function like a handphone where , handphones can add in SD cards too, or mini SD.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I must admit I never knew that!

I must admit I never knew that!
    that said, it is of course not common.

much too mar fun, but i thought apple does pride itself on being groundbreaking. perhaps it might be too much to ask for usb ports, etc, to be stuffed into that package.

Apple mobile products (iPod, iPhone and iPad) were never meant to be I/O devices to begin with, due to their strict piracy stance. They were made with connectivity in mind, which brings out the best in their products (App store, iTunes store, iBooks, etc). Hence they don't see the need to have I/O ports for the purpose of file transfers when iTunes sync fulfills all their needs.

Having said that, I really don't want to go down this slippery slope of Apple vs anything else.

I found out that an iPad with a cam connector can preview raw files from a DSLR.

I leave all forumnites here to make your own conclusions if that is an interesting point, or worthless.

Cheers.

Notion Ink Adam anyone?

The pad that can do more than the ipad

Btw, there is one possible problem that I would like to highlight.
    Apple products have never been opened friendly. So in a case where your battery is gone case or something spoils in the IPad. When you send it back for warrenty, they replace a new IPad for you. Good in a sense that you get a good new IPad, but you might lose precious data. So best suggest to back it up. It happens to my friend IPod, where he get a new IPod but all his songs are gone when his IPod battery is spoiled.

Where by PC and Notebooks, you can swap the parts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    sounds very sour grapes.
    LOL agreed

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    *gentle reminder*

i like to see CSers sharing their latest findings on gears in a reasonable manner. after all, this is the main purpose of CS anyway.

what i don't like to see is snide/know-it-all comments about other people's efforts. if you have nothing good to contribute, or you think you know better and just feel like showing off, don't post. no one is putting a gun to your head and ask you to type. if you have nothing good to say, don't post.

a number of you have taken it upon yourself to be the 'criticizer-in-chief' of CS on just about everything. personally, i don't care if you are some high-flying schmuck of a photographer. that doesn't give you the right to diss other people who are genuinely contributing knowledge for one and all.

so, i will gently remind one and all again, be nice. if you have nothing good & constructive to say, look away.

I LIKE!! WELL DONE MODERATOR.. "be nice. if you have nothing good & constructive to say, look away"
    Stay foolish, Stay Hungry - STEVE JOBS
    i love to shoot!! V3 - the animation people

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    Usually notebooks have SD reader, but for Ipad , some how it should function like a handphone where , handphones can add in SD cards too, or mini SD.
    actually, one of the reasons i am buying the gen 1 iPad instead of waiting for a more mature product, is that it DOES NOT have any SD/mini SD slot and DOES NOT have any camera ...

... so it's Army Camp friendly :P cam-less 3g devices getting harder to find in market; having iPad will make 2 weeks reservist easier to tahan

saw one uncle using at pasir ris library just now, look very cool but using the onscreen keyboard is a hassle. saw him pressing the alpha one by one

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
    actually, one of the reasons i am buying the gen 1 iPad instead of waiting for a more mature product, is that it DOES NOT have any SD/mini SD slot and DOES NOT have any camera ...

... so it's Army Camp friendly :P cam-less 3g devices getting harder to find in market; having iPad will make 2 weeks reservist easier to tahan
    Dude, nobody ever said you cannot bring in a device without a memory card slot, you just cannot bring in thumbdrives, memory cards etc. But then your device itself can store data so it kind of defeat the purpose or violate the guidelines anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    You sounds like an apple fanboy...

Apple fanboy test:

1. You always get the latest apple poduct whenever affordable.
    2. You just love apple.
    3. Even if the product isn't good in hardware spec or no pratical use to you, you still love it and try to find use for it to satisfy you emptyness
    4. You enjoy promoting the products to others like friends, relative and internet mates.
    5. A 3 year old design still looks in style to you.
    6. You never thought of yourself as a market for apple, but rather as apple makes "the best" product you can get.

Computer is like AIR CONDITION,

it is USELESS, when you open WINDOWS

EOS 1DMarkIV,
    Xwife : EOS40D, 5D, 5DMarkII, 7D, SonyA900 | seXytoys :EOS 400D, 450D, 500D, SonyA550

Quote Originally Posted by tongki View Post

who asked you to open windows? u can turn on the fan..

Quote Originally Posted by tongki View Post

Ya I use a dual boot system with windows and LINUX.
    Computer is like DOCTOR,

it is USELESS, when you eat APPLE

Ok enough with the smart aleck comments already. Its getting old.

BTW, I still think it is a hassle carrying two bulky items to a photoshoot. Been there done that. Unless I have an assistant, I wouldn't even think twice about using the iPad to preview my photos. However, thanks to TS for sharing the information. Do you know that you could also use a mouse with the iPad?

I might be getting the iPad certainly not for previewing images, most probably to 'show-off' my portfolio to my potential clients.

When you are done, you can selectively import, or import all, at USB 2.0 speed.
    I like this... it's been a hassle for me after an outdoor client shoot to look for a coffee shop, setup my laptop, load the photos, then preview photos for client.

Although I'm still not sure if I'll buy an Ipad for this... but if I did, this would be one of the big reasons. Plus, it's a good way to show off your portfolio on client meetings.
    Last edited by dannysantos; 17th May 2010 at 02:04 PM.

Hmm, somewhat agreed on the hassle free of showing ur pics to ur client after a shot is a big plus factor, can't really justified its hefty price tag apart for this.

Nonetheless, its still one cool gadget to possess..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Hi, Does ipad support ext. hard drive even after jailbroken.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast