View Poll Results: Which lenses would you perfer?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Lenses

23 71.88%
  • 3rd Party Lenses

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original or 3rd Party Lenses

Blog Entries

Default Re: Original or 3rd Party Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by astrorion View Post
    This is a new lens....
    what does you mean "rule out small aperture diffraction"????
    http://www.earthboundlight.com/photo...apertures.html

Blog Entries

Questions:

How did you fire the shutter?
    What focusing mode are you on? Where are you focusing at?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 15th May 2010 at 03:24 PM.

i will chose original lenses because i can maximize both my body and lens(in terms of performance)
    actually i used to owned 2 Tamron lens but i sold them to buy Canon lenses
    based from my experienced with Tamron?when using it in low light situation and pumping my ISO to 2500+ the noise is really noticeable. though im not saying my Canon lenses are not like that, but its more acceptable to me. not to mention its slow auto focusing during night.

Quote Originally Posted by duffydufs View Post
    i will chose original lenses because i can maximize both my body and lens(in terms of performance)
    actually there are high quality ( and more exp ) 3rd party makers like zeiss, schneider for instance ..

ryan

Blog Entries

Actually I find Tamron and Tokina to be quite good. But you have to know that only some specific models are good. Just like how some specific Nikon or Canon glass are not good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Questions:

How did you fire the shutter?
    What focusing mode are you on? Where are you focusing at?
    Here is how I set my cam, tripod, first AF mode first on the building "Maybank" w/o VR, then I switch to MF mode to adjust a little, use wired remote shutter to shot.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    actually there are high quality ( and more exp ) 3rd party makers like zeiss, schneider for instance ..

ryan
    Shneider has been taken over by Samsung right ?
    Cus samsung lenses have schneider on them ...
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3d View Post
    Shneider has been taken over by Samsung right ?
    Cus samsung lenses have schneider on them ...
    Errr, Sony has Carl Zeiss lens on them, so Zeiss is owned by Sony? Panasonic Lumix has Leica lens on them, so Leica is owned by Panasonic?

Schneider name is there because samsung licensed their lens technology, or purchase their glass to use it in their cameras. Schneider (of B+W fame) do sell optical glass to other companies. Just like how Hoya sells optical glass to Tamron, Tokina, Kenko, Pentax and many other companies.

Blog Entries

Here is how I set my cam, tripod, first AF mode first on the building "Maybank" w/o VR, then I switch to MF mode to adjust a little, use wired remote shutter to shot.
    I would encourage you to upload the full resolution of the pic up, so I can download and take a look.

Do this also, setup your tripod like you usually do. Mount your camera onto it, like you usually do. Use your hp or pns and take a pic of the setup. Upload for us to see too. I was at a newbie outing the other day and the girl there had the same problem with blurriness with D3000. Solved her problems after identifying it is probably due to way she setup her tripod.

So, you are sure your VR (nikon) or VC (tamron) is off for all the shots?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I would encourage you to upload the full resolution of the pic up, so I can download and take a look.

Do this also, setup your tripod like you usually do. Mount your camera onto it, like you usually do. Use your hp or pns and take a pic of the setup. Upload for us to see too. I was at a newbie outing the other day and the girl there had the same problem with blurriness with D3000. Solved her problems after identifying it is probably due to way she setup her tripod.

So, you are sure your VR (nikon) or VC (tamron) is off for all the shots?
    I think I must plan a outing with a senior like you to guide me through. I will upload a full Res and take my setup.

Oh ya and yes I always have my VR off whenever it On tripod, is no use to have a VR ON when i have on a steady tripod. Am i right?

both.

3rd party doesnt mean its not good.

If someone wants to give me a lens and ask me to choose between Sony 28-75mm f2.8 and Carl Zeiss 24-70mm f2.8, I sure take the Carl Zeiss!

Blog Entries

I think I must plan a outing with a senior like you to guide me through. I will upload a full Res and take my setup.

Oh ya and yes I always have my VR off whenever it On tripod, is no use to have a VR ON when i have on a steady tripod. Am i right?
    Then all the more you should join some newbie outings. Some of those outings try to group newbies with seniors, so all can learn from each other.

Hi All, Generally, the shorter the focal length, the sharper the lens as it is easier to construct the lens. Prime lens are sharp but inconvenience having to change lenses each time for longer reach. It is preferable to read recommendations from websites before buying 3rd party lenses to ensure that the len is sharp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12