Thread: renovation - dimmer light

Default renovation - dimmer light

guys, any one in renovation industry? what kind of light is suitable for dimmer? fluorescent lamps, neon lamps or halogen lamps?

Thanks.
    Objection !!!

Default Re: renovation - dimmer light

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    guys, any one in renovation industry? what kind of light is suitable for dimmer? fluorescent lamps, neon lamps or halogen lamps?

Thanks.
    I think only halogen lights are dim-able.

Thanks.

from westinghouselightbulbs
    Can a compact fluorescent light bulb be dimmed?
    Westinghouse has a few compact fluorescent light bulbs that have been specifically designed to be able to be dimmed on an incandescent dimmer. However, generally speaking, CFL light bulbs cannot be dimmed.

Incandescent Bulbs (yellow light bulbs) can be dimmed.

Traditionally only incandescent can be dimmed, but look around the big three websites, IIRC, there are newly developed energy savers (florescent) that are designed for dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Traditionally only incandescent can be dimmed, but look around the big three websites, IIRC, there are newly developed energy savers (florescent) that are designed for dimming.
    i am concern about the brightness. my designer/contractor told me that you need 8 bulbs for sufficient brightness..

8 are overkill, i think...
    Objection !!!

LED

i am concern about the brightness. my designer/contractor told me that you need 8 bulbs for sufficient brightness..

8 are overkill, i think...
    Why not get him to run the switch so that you can choose to turn on 2/4/8 bulbs? Turn on all 8 when you need to take photos...

Chope.

This one for home lighting or help you focus?

Might be a good idea to keep them separate, i.e., home lighting design specifically for ambiance and functionality, and use a separate reading or table lamp if you need extra light to focus when you take photo. also depends what kind of photo - tabletop or portraits or ... ?

Thanks.
    all lights can be dimmed.

even fluorescent tubing, you just paste masking tape over it , it will be dimmed. just takes longer to dim and un-dim.

Quote Originally Posted by kaixiang View Post
    Why not get him to run the switch so that you can choose to turn on 2/4/8 bulbs? Turn on all 8 when you need to take photos...
    my title said renovation, why you talked about taking photos?
    Objection !!!

As mentioned by Splim, there are LED light bulbs that automatically adjust the luminosity by activating and deactivating a fixed numbers of diodes when you rotate the dimmer switch.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

ok, thanks for all the advices. i'll talk with my contractor again.
    Objection !!!