Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The PC Show 2010.

Smile The PC Show 2010.

Official website:
    http://www.thepcshow.com.sg/

The PC Show is here again! HOT! HOT! HOT! 'SALE!' Prepare to... Spend! Spend! Spend!

Default Re: The PC Show 2010.

They hold the event yearly for a good reason ? I have been changing laptops yearly for the past 3 years. It's not because I need to have the latest and greatest but they failed to function when the warranty just expired. Which are the brands that are still manufactured in Japan or Taiwan, maybe better luck with their products.

haha then it would be wise to purchase extended warranty

Acer is produced in Taiwan i presume.
    Are there any hot deals for mp3 players?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    They hold the event yearly for a good reason ? I have been changing laptops yearly for the past 3 years. It's not because I need to have the latest and greatest but they failed to function when the warranty just expired. Which are the brands that are still manufactured in Japan or Taiwan, maybe better luck with their products.
    Try ASUS.... they are the only one that provided 2 yrs warranty..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    no, they hold it every 3 months.
    Objection !!!

Standard, PC Show will jam the whole of Suntec City area.

Feel like getting a 32Gb Class 10, a Canon 50mm f/1.8, a Canon battery grip... hmm what else? can't think of any...
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    Thanks ! Make sense if they provide longer warranty. I can get alot of reviews from diffferent sites on performance but when come to reliability, it's anybody's guess. Google won't help. CNET has rated one of Asus model as good and hopefully it last me minimally 2 years. In the past, laptops last about 3 years, which in my opinion it's also time to change to meet new technolgy demand. Sick and tired of poor quality products.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    no need warranty lah.. spoil and get the latest one... it gives a great excuse !
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Where's the $$$$ when you need it.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

If want good laptop can look at IBM (Lenovo) thinkpad or HP elitebook. I'm using the elitebook, comes with default manufacturer 3 year warranty. Although it's made in china, quality is top notch, worlds apart from consumer range which we see normally. Even keyboard is different, solid.

Quote Originally Posted by pchmj View Post
    If want good laptop can look at IBM (Lenovo) thinkpad or HP elitebook. I'm using the elitebook, comes with default manufacturer 3 year warranty. Although it's made in china, quality is top notch, worlds apart from consumer range which we see normally. Even keyboard is different, solid.
    Which model did you own, a workstation ? How long have you use this product ? Thanks for any reply in advance !

I'm using a workstation, 8730w, last year's model. Can refer to:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en...9-3955549.html

Look at the built quality from the pics, better still, go to a shop have actual feel. But be prepared to pay a premium. If not for a very good price which I got it, I'll not buy, way out of my budget.

Not trying to start any PC vs Mac war here but my Macbook had never fail me for the past 2 years
    For the price...I guess it's cheaper to use a Mac for 2 years than to change pc every 12months :P
    Nikon D90 | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinOMG View Post
    Not trying to start any PC vs Mac war here but my Macbook had never fail me for the past 2 years
    For the price...I guess it's cheaper to use a Mac for 2 years than to change pc every 12months :P
    My self assembled PC cost $700 and lasted for 5 yrs. Your Mac has a lot of catching up to do...

hehe PC not portable leh! so cannot compare :P

WOWOW....will be missing it as i'm not in town.......save $$$$.

sure many things to buy this time round !!

Smile The PC Show 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    WOWOW....will be missing it as i'm not in town.......save $$$$.
    < hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    My self assembled PC cost $700 and lasted for 5 yrs. Your Mac has a lot of catching up to do...
    Each time I do one, I keep the last one. I ended up with 4 PCs at home some with missing parts.

Sigh!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast