Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: YOG official photographers

  1. #21

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    damn pissed with moe. they dun like us jc students.
    haha .... i think most sport organisations in Singapore don't like shooters with big guns too. I used to like to shoot table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, swimming, football, etc... But in all these sports, was always stopped from shooting at least once .... now I stay away from all the live games in Singapore...
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #22
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha .... i think most sport organisations in Singapore don't like shooters with big guns too. I used to like to shoot table tennis, badminton, gymnastics, swimming, football, etc... But in all these sports, was always stopped from shooting at least once .... now I stay away from all the live games in Singapore...
    isnt tat ironic? i mean face it. dark poor knn lighting conditions is totally the pleasure for ppl to unlease their hounds named 1ds 5dmk2 7d 28-70L 70-200L 200mmf0.1 L and all the other puppies?

    zz wonders wad they thinking. i mean some are experienced photographers even if we are jc. i started very young so i was lucky. some had 5-6 years dslr experience and they were the canon 350d gang.

    boo to moe on their screw up and totally not transparent policies. i pingpong till i tired already.

  3. #23
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    From wat i found a few months ago, they are only want youth photographers. Aged ppl like us, they are not interested even if u volunteer your time and service
    Wah! Ageism! Ageism!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Wah! Ageism! Ageism!
    There's no age restrictions in the first place. I'm way past my youth, in fact, I'm turning 27 this year.

    The only opportunity to shoot that has age restrictions is the one offered by Macdonalds.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    You new generation of JC type causes too much trouble for MOE with all the media frenzy especially when you have elite students whacking each other over a rugby match like hooligans in a showcase of Olympic sportsmanship at its finest.
    This is fallacy at its best. Where is the link? Because one sportsman beats the other up over insults, JC photographers are barred from shooting matches? I'm sure you are a person of fine character yourself, but please don't point fingers when you aren't directly related to the people you're blaming.

    Please understand that the issue was between a Saint Andrew's Secondary School Sec 5 student and an ACSi student. Nothing to do with ACJC and SAJC. They're secondary and IB programme schools.

    Your brash remarks, lack of proper understanding and flawed logic is deeply disappointing and troubling.

    Signing off,

    Zexun
    SAJC Photographer
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  6. #26
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    I'm sure you are a person of fine character yourself.
    Thank you.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #27
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    You new generation of JC type causes too much trouble for MOE with all the media frenzy especially when you have elite students whacking each other over a rugby match like hooligans in a showcase of Olympic sportsmanship at its finest.
    ps didnt realise this post.

    ahem. dun group me as jc students. i'll be ratehr called IP

    jokes aside, not all jc students are horrible. and i dun give trouble =.=

    as for the exact reason why jc students were barred initially? i dunno. but i pingpong all the way up to moe the head up there and she gave in and just required my sch to permit me to leave. done
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th May 2010 at 11:13 PM.

  8. #28
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ps didnt realise this post.

    ahem. dun group me as jc students. i'll be ratehr called IP

    jokes aside, not all jc students are horrible. and i dun give trouble =.=
    The entire post was meant as a tongue-in-cheek remark, please don't mind me. I don't disagree with the fact that there are black sheeps in all community.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Allenleonhart, You got in eh?
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  10. #30
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    i will be. SOON

    headshot i remember u vaguely. u were one of the first few guys here helping me pick my canon 450d. nice to see u again (:

    were u selected or recjected?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,799

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Haha yeah, i'm still here, just not frequent (:

    Sports isn't my thing. From wed to friday, I covered 3 different sports for SAJC and yeah it's tiring and, for me, slightly uninspiring. It's about gear, how fortunate you are in positioning yourself when the photogenic action happens, the location lighting itself and the knowledge of the game. All of which can't be changed in the short run, especially that of gear.

    I didn't apply. Too near my exams too!
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  12. #32
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Haha yeah, i'm still here, just not frequent (:

    Sports isn't my thing. From wed to friday, I covered 3 different sports for SAJC and yeah it's tiring and, for me, slightly uninspiring. It's about gear, how fortunate you are in positioning yourself when the photogenic action happens, the location lighting itself and the knowledge of the game. All of which can't be changed in the short run, especially that of gear.

    I didn't apply. Too near my exams too!
    dun worry. i'm not a field photographer. my mission is jsut to shoot the ppl photo for montage only.

    on plus side, we get free ezlinks. i want the female one. cuter.

  13. #33

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Guess they want us to concentrate on xmm ....

    but i hope they will allow us, lao jiao to have some shooting with our BIG guns .... and I hope they make it very clear in their activity notices whether non-flash photography is allowed in each event.
    yeah.. since they encouraged more singaporeans to go n support the events.. it's b nice if we are allowed to shoot...

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Thomas More's Vision
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    allenleonhart: I am just curious, which JC are you in?

  15. #35

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    From wat i found a few months ago, they are only want youth photographers. Aged ppl like us, they are not interested even if u volunteer your time and service
    Eh, not true.. I think I'm one of the youngest in the team thats with SPH..

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    Eh, not true.. I think I'm one of the youngest in the team thats with SPH..
    Jeremy. I saw you that day at the sports workshop.

  17. #37
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Sec 1 can join? I want to be around white lenses
    Last edited by leowyien; 10th May 2010 at 10:42 PM.
    indie

  18. #38

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    intersting.. wonder if buy ticket as audience .. do they bar u from taking photos ? (esp if using long lenses)
    Nope, you can take pics.... cfm... but pls be mindful of your flash...
    ~ A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. ~

  19. #39

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by part0 View Post
    Nope, you can take pics.... cfm... but pls be mindful of your flash...
    oh .. serious ? tats sounds great... no worries abt flash.. i dun use them.. hee..

  20. #40

    Default Re: YOG official photographers

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03 View Post
    yeah.. since they encouraged more singaporeans to go n support the events.. it's b nice if we are allowed to shoot...
    Show them your portfolio lah.

    I am sure they will invite you immediately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •