Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: World Cup Price plans

  1. #1
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default World Cup Price plans

    Now that the pricing is out, who`s willing to fork out the money to watch it?

    http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010/05...asting-rights/

    $66 for early birds
    $88 after the early bird promotion

  2. #2

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    go to coffeeshop and watch with xmm serving you beer at same time. bliss.

  3. #3
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    go to coffeeshop and watch with xmm serving you beer at same time. bliss.
    lol tink i will go to pubs to watch n soak in the atmostphere together wif the crowd, more enjoyable den watching at home

  4. #4

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Hell no way iam gonna pay that much to watch the world cup......its not about the money,iam sure we can afford but from last time 15 now jump to 66early bird special then 88...no way man

  5. #5

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    lol tink i will go to pubs to watch n soak in the atmostphere together wif the crowd, more enjoyable den watching at home
    i also say. watching at home is nice if you have friends over. but nothing beats coffeeshop lah. got nice food, drinks and candy.

  6. #6

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    luckily i can receive channels from RTM and SCTV!!!

  7. #7
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazymuf View Post
    Hell no way iam gonna pay that much to watch the world cup......its not about the money,iam sure we can afford but from last time 15 now jump to 66early bird special then 88...no way man
    $88 is overkill

  8. #8

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Can watch it in 3D or not?

  9. #9
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    luckily i can receive channels from RTM and SCTV!!!
    I go ur hse watch

  10. #10

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazymuf View Post
    Hell no way iam gonna pay that much to watch the world cup......its not about the money,iam sure we can afford but from last time 15 now jump to 66early bird special then 88...no way man
    cos got inflation mah. last time one bowl of noodles 10 cents now $3.

    but i know what you mean. they can set this price and still get away with increase in revenue.

  11. #11

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    lol tink i will go to pubs to watch n soak in the atmostphere together wif the crowd, more enjoyable den watching at home
    soak in hot bathtub with many xmmS and watch together?

  12. #12

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pauche View Post
    soak in hot bathtub with many xmmS and watch together?
    i have house, tv and bathtub. you bring the xmms.

  13. #13

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    cos got inflation mah. last time one bowl of noodles 10 cents now $3.

    but i know what you mean. they can set this price and still get away with increase in revenue.
    Yeah man...they already earn so much thru our Cable Tv/Mio thingy,HP subs and thru Iphone sales....just give us a break and let us watch the World Cup...but noooooo...still wanna milk us dry dry one.....can use goverment bailout or not for this.....

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    It is not expensive for the number of matches - ALL.
    You don't have time to watch ALL.
    You need to sleep to work the next day.
    Most will watch the top flight teams. e.g. Germany, Brazil, Italy, Argentina (notice that England and worse, France are not included in this list-- remember the 1st round knockout in Korea 4 years after France won the final against Brazil (when France was hosting it in previous World Cup final and the French elections were to be called soon?) In Korea, all was revealed. True standard of French team was shown.
    France beat Brazil??!!!!! In my opinion Brazil football is far better than France.
    Best to watch in a crowd in a PUB, provided they got decent projector and screens.
    Some idiotic pubs have djs who want to compete CD loud music with the football match while it is in progress.
    Those who bet on football have special reason to watch. That is another story.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 8th May 2010 at 09:32 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazymuf View Post
    Yeah man...they already earn so much thru our Cable Tv/Mio thingy,HP subs and thru Iphone sales....just give us a break and let us watch the World Cup...but noooooo...still wanna milk us dry dry one.....can use goverment bailout or not for this.....
    if you hit the street, protest against the price plans and land in jail, you will get bailed out.

  16. #16

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    $88 is overkill
    i rather spend $100 to go casino, cos still 'might' get returns.
    this $88 is confirm a gonner after a month!!!

  17. #17
    Member Jimmy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    1,542
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    i have house, tv and bathtub. you bring the xmms.
    I ask tis xmm to soak in the bathtub wif u


  18. #18

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy81 View Post
    I ask tis xmm to soak in the bathtub wif u

    i like. but no smoking cigar in the tub please.

  19. #19
    Senior Member roDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Rafa & Kuyt's neighbourhood
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    buy antenna from sim lim that can get indonesian channels...i'm sure they show all matches from many channels that they have...

  20. #20

    Default Re: World Cup Price plans

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    if you hit the street, protest against the price plans and land in jail, you will get bailed out.
    hahaha true but unless you go get a permit first for the protest hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •