Thread: Multiple system user.

Default Multiple system user.

Saw a tourist using a nikon and a sony at the same time at esplanade, pretty sure he is not holding for a friend of his. Is there anyone out there using multiple system as well any pros and cons beside blowing a hole in wallet.

Deregistered

Default Re: Multiple system user.

Quote Originally Posted by edsua83 View Post
    Saw a tourist using a nikon and a sony at the same time at esplanade, pretty sure he is not holding for a friend of his. Is there anyone out there using multiple system as well any pros and cons beside blowing a hole in wallet.
    I'm using Pentax,Sony and Fujifilm.I'm sure many people here uses multiple systems

ask zenten.

Chances are, his Nikon and Sony both use the same sensor. So it's not really 2 different systems.

That aside, Each system's cameras have certain lenses / strengths. Maybe he preferred the wide angle and DR on the Sony, but loved the skin tones on the Nikon?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by edsua83 View Post
    I wouldn't think that there are much users out there with comprehensive collections of multiple systems. Most probably the users are just starting out with a couple of entry level sets and probably testing them on which they would prefer to keep in the long term.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Disadvantages? Cost and weight, mostly.

Advantages would be whatever strengths each system offers.

Maybe one of them is a gift! Hehe...

I think it's quite costly to support 2 systems, but if the photographer is serious, then perhaps it is because he/she is after a particular strength of each system.