Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving holiday to East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia

Default Re: Driving holiday to East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    I personally think it's better to rent a malaysian plate car..

Few months ago we did a KL - Colmar Tropicale - Cameron Highlands - KL... SIN-KL-SIN by air..

Searched a lot of car rental companies and found that hertz offers the cheapest rate, moreover it's an international company which is more trustworthy, and their pick-up locations are so much better than those local car rental companies.

http://www.simedarbycarrental.com/

Recently they have a special deal - RM88 nett for a hyundai matrix.. Not bad
    Security wise.. that is a better choice.

However...

many love the ownership of cars and driving their own car... esp those did some modification and want to "feel" it.. like u may want to test that 17" tyres on cameron highland's twisted road, or that sound system u paid so much and want to enjoy it in a longer journey.

I am one of them, I do not modified my car silly.. but i do hv some small add on that will enchanced my driving experience. So i will prefer to drive my own car for that reason.

Also, seeing your Singapore plate going to places far from Singapore is also something I like to have... I was so happy when I look out and see my car parking on Phuket roads/cameron highlands/Penang etc... its just satisfying that way... but ofcos many ppl do not share the same feeling

it all depands on u. But whatever it is.. ur own car or rented car, drive safe... the smaller roads in Msia hv trucks so u need to overtake.. overtaking is a skill itself. Some trucks will signal for u to overtake ... 9/10 times are accurate, but i still want to be careful as i dont want to see I am the 1/10 one..

a trip to terengganu is great. i've been there twice this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Farisrxz View Post
    a trip to terengganu is great. i've been there twice this year.
    Wonder whether people would be interested to make a group outing? I have read and the Nature Photographic Society does organise a yearly trip to Frasier Hill... CS to ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12