Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: what makes a great photograph?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Thumbs up what makes a great photograph?

    What makes a great photograph?
    Do share with us your views.

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    where the subject/s of interest is/are my loved ones.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    What makes a great photograph?
    Do share with us your views.

    thanks.

    Answer: A great photographer.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    A photograph that I like.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    237

    Talking

    A great photograph is an image which will make the viewer "feel". The feeling can be anything that makes the viewer thinks.
    The thinking must be something the photographer wants the viewer to feel like thinking what the photog wanted..... haha ... too chim oso i can't understand....
    Just look at magazines such as Life, National Geographic, etc...

  6. #6

    Default

    If I am not wrong, Swimcraze was the one who started the controversial topic yesterday......


    just to get the forum alive?

    To me, a good photograph lets me feel a spectrum of emotions coming from within. DOF, colors, pinsharp focus don't really matter...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    to me, it's just the wow factor.
    when people see your photos and go wow..
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    If I am not wrong, Swimcraze was the one who started the controversial topic yesterday......


    just to get the forum alive?
    yes dear Stefen, i started the topic no doubt, but i didn't fuel the flame

  9. #9

    Default

    yes dear Stefen, i started the topic no doubt, but i didn't fuel the flame
    of course of course....

    I didn't point fingers mah....

    I just said if you were trying to keep the forum alive. Afterall, you only did the first post and the momentum went from there.....

    just my humble observation ....

  10. #10

    Default

    a good photograph is one that invites imitation and repetition, imo.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    of course of course....

    I didn't point fingers mah....

    I just said if you were trying to keep the forum alive. Afterall, you only did the first post and the momentum went from there.....

    just my humble observation ....
    no worries....i won't bite...........



    HARD.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    a good photograph is one that has a good combination of technique and composition plus and X FACTOR - which is evoking emotions/feelings when looking at it. makes you want to go back and see it over and over again, like a classic.


  13. #13

    Default

    oooohhhh....



    *swim craze*

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    a good photograph is one that has a good combination of technique and composition plus and X FACTOR - which is evoking emotions/feelings when looking at it. makes you want to go back and see it over and over again, like a classic.
    i agree should be a timeless piece of art

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    a good photograph is one that invites imitation and repetition, imo.
    A picture that, in every aspect, cannot be or easily imitated and repeated but yet invites imitation and repetition by others is a great photograph, imo


    Nice human model or nice scenery... if they can be factory-made by any photographer any time, I will just categorise them as a nice human model shot or a nice scenery shot and NOT a great shot...


    So, how to make a great shot?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •