Thread: how to remove multiple shadows?

Default how to remove multiple shadows?

need advice!! thx in advance.

Default Re: how to remove multiple shadows?

First correct the yellow cast. For the shadows, you can duplicate the image and use the clone
    stamp set to lighten mode. Soft edge, 100% opacity. Sample from the light area and clone
    onto the shadow areas.

This will take out all shadows, including the ones you need that show the contours of collarbones,
    shoulders, etc. So after you remove the undesirable shadows, you'll have to restore the useful
    ones. Dodging and burning can do that. (Instead of the dodge/burn tools, I use curves adjustment
    layers in luminosity mode.)

very clear explanation. how to remove the clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    very clear explanation. how to remove the clothes?
    what's that for? i thought peano did a really good job there

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i thought peano did a really good job there
    Great work peano! the bit of maintaining the details / shade of collar bone on the left was good. I would not have the patience for that.

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Peano View Post
    First correct the yellow cast. For the shadows, you can duplicate the image and use the clone
    stamp set to lighten mode. Soft edge, 100% opacity. Sample from the light area and clone
    onto the shadow areas.

This will take out all shadows, including the ones you need that show the contours of collarbones,
    shoulders, etc. So after you remove the undesirable shadows, you'll have to restore the useful
    ones. Dodging and burning can do that. (Instead of the dodge/burn tools, I use curves adjustment
    layers in luminosity mode.)
    How about a step by step video and publish in youtube? Or a document? Sorry, I am a newbie in Photoshop and would love to learn. If it isn't possible, I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by songws View Post
    How about a step by step video and publish in youtube? Or a document? Sorry, I am a newbie in Photoshop and would love to learn. If it isn't possible, I can understand.
    I haven't time to take on that project right now. Sorry.

peano i hope you didn't misunderstand me like sprintist. i thought you did a really good job out of it and explained it clearly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peano View Post
    I haven't time to take on that project right now. Sorry.
    No worries, I will just google and see how each step is applied. Thanks again.

select and place on different layers. Use the clone tool and a mask to bring back the collar bones. adjust opacity. retain some shadow to look realistic.