Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long are you interested?

Default Re: How long are you interested?

i still have interest for photography, but maybe my interest has gone from taking photos to appreciating photography artworks.
    I must admit i'm someone who's very lazy to carry out my camera and lenses, however, sometimes when i'm out when i see something photo-worthy, i'll still kind of "frame" it in my mind for a perfect photo hahaha. soo i would say i am still interested in photography despite not taking photos!

That's an inspiring post..

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    this thread title sounds so... ok... i have no interest in anything long... probably something rounder and fuller hanging over their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    That's an inspiring post..
    i allow you to use it as your sig.

must share share such inspirations. esp to those anemic hypernosebleeders.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I think I've responded to a wrong thread......

there is nothing about passion on the photography, but rather only interested on some specific photography subjects, and pay extreme attentions on certain areas of the subjects it selves.

I'm out of here...
    Last edited by catchlights; 6th May 2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I took up photo during my teens, shoot seriously for 4 years, relax shooting for 4 years, then quit shooting for 8 years, back and relax shooting for 1 year, then serious for 2 years, currently abit relax due to commitment.
    O.T. here.... interesting this put you in a bracket between 31-35 years of seeing sunrise and sunset....

whatever how wane it is.... you will still want to capture the memories of your travel, friend wedding, your first born....etc.... including maybe photo of your latest craze in stamp collecting, toy collecting, new cars.... etc will be good also...

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Thank you guys for the replies.

When my interest is gone, I don't feel anything looking at photos. "Just another photo" feeling.

Also, buying new gear didn't help either. I just bought 2 lenses recently - 10.5 fisheye and 11-16.

Still, I don't see my interest renewed. Still sitting in my dry cabi. LOL.

Also, shooting models... never got my testosterones up. Even when I was still interested. Just trying to take nice pics.

A little uninspired now.
    Put down the camera and go do something else with your life.

Maybe after a while, hands will itchy again and then you will take up photography again.

Photography is not my first interest, and neither will it be my last. My previous interest (riding bicycle) lasted one of the longest at 7 years. It finally took a broken scaphoid, achilles tendonitis and some other injuries before I'm over and out with it.

Now thinking what to do with the bike (not suitable for hanging clothes)

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    O.T. here.... interesting this put you in a bracket between 31-35 years of seeing sunrise and sunset....

whatever how wane it is.... you will still want to capture the memories of your travel, friend wedding, your first born....etc.... including maybe photo of your latest craze in stamp collecting, toy collecting, new cars.... etc will be good also...
    Yep, i never stop shooting my family and friends. Only that i never post online, only nm, van and tainted saw some of those.

First 4 years of shooting, i shoot every weekend mainly on landscape and flora.

Second 4 years when i'm serving the nation + working, cut down on shooting. Mainly shoot dance and travel.

Then suddenly lost interest and stop for 8 years, only once or twice a year bring my SLR out when go travel.

Then brought my 1st DSLR on impulse and start shooting my family and friends.

Then 2 years focus on macro-photography.

Now currently cut down due to work, but my camera is with me 5-6days a weeks just to shoot anything i see.

No big deal. So long as you have gained something during the course of hobby.
    I find that I'm alternating between my hobbies throughout my life :

1. Miniature modelling - Tamiya military models during school years / 35mm wargaming models in 2000

2. Computer games - PC games since sec school / Coin OP duing Poly/ Console games on and off the 3 PS models till now

3. Exercise - weights from sec school / weights + 2.5km runs during Uni / Triathlon since 2005

4. Photography - school days (no money/no camera ) / Film during early work years / Digital 2006

As you can see, they don't go away. Just update in form. I have good well modeled/painted miniatures, photos, fitness (and medals) and game/story/experience memories that I'm always happy with, so nothing in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    3. Exercise - weights from sec school / weights + 2.5km runs during Uni / Triathlon since 2005
    Been a while since 2005 eh?
    Still going strong, I supposed, even with kids and all?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Been a while since 2005 eh?
    Still going strong, I supposed, even with kids and all?
    Yeah, its been some ride indeed, and I'd really have much to thank you for much of it. Without the JR group, I'd still be riding myself thinking that 28kph is very fast already
    I think its on a dying trend as you can see from my 4-6yr trend in hobbies

Felt so depressed with my cycling last week after coming back from 3 weeks of inactivity (family and illness)
    Literally stopped pedaling and 'gave up' along Upper Bkt Timah.
    Now, just try to keep the middle aged tummy away is happy enough

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Yeah, its been some ride indeed, and I'd really have much to thank you for much of it. Without the JR group, I'd still be riding myself thinking that 28kph is very fast already
    I think its on a dying trend as you can see from my 4-6yr trend in hobbies

Felt so depressed with my cycling last week after coming back from 3 weeks of inactivity (family and illness)
    Literally stopped pedaling and 'gave up' along Upper Bkt Timah.
    Now, just try to keep the middle aged tummy away is happy enough
    Haha. There's always faster groups out there. Before JR, I used to cycle think 40kmh for ride is average (coz I get dropped)... JR was more for mid-age men like us who like a bit of moderate speed, without killing ourselves (can't imagine myself doing avg 40kmh on any ride any more).

I haven't touched my bike for 6months already; my old bike is on permanent loan to other people and I'm already thinking whether to get rid of my "newer" five year old Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Haha. There's always faster groups out there. Before JR, I used to cycle think 40kmh for ride is average (coz I get dropped)... JR was more for mid-age men like us who like a bit of moderate speed, without killing ourselves (can't imagine myself doing avg 40kmh on any ride any more).

I haven't touched my bike for 6months already; my old bike is on permanent loan to other people and I'm already thinking whether to get rid of my "newer" five year old Trek.
    Now if i can cruise at 32kmh, i happy liao.....but confirm next day MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Now if i can cruise at 32kmh, i happy liao.....but confirm next day MC.
    Nowadays, I can't even cruise at 32kmh anymore *sigh* age catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    i still have interest for photography, but maybe my interest has gone from taking photos to appreciating photography artworks.
    I must admit i'm someone who's very lazy to carry out my camera and lenses, however, sometimes when i'm out when i see something photo-worthy, i'll still kind of "frame" it in my mind for a perfect photo hahaha. soo i would say i am still interested in photography despite not taking photos!
    Same goes for me too, when i go out and see something i frame it in my mind ...
    No photographer is as good as the simplest camera

photography is not part of my life. surfing clubsnap is my life. :d

but seriously bro, the only time i pick up my camera is when i travel or i have an event to cover. i would say it is more work than play.

i am trying to attend my first "organised" shoot this friday which i have heard so much about.

Actually, what I meant was the way you interpret the title..

No one interpreted it that way until you came....... your deep insight is inspiring.. although there may not be a r/s between deep and long.. or is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i allow you to use it as your sig.

must share share such inspirations. esp to those anemic hypernosebleeders.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Actually, what I meant was the way you interpret the title..

No one interpreted it that way until you came....... your deep insight is inspiring.. although there may not be a r/s between deep and long.. or is there?
    thats the difference between creative and created... everyone of us are created, but not everyone of us are creative. All can talk about thinking out of the box, only some manages to get out, and majority of some lost their way.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12