Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long are you interested?

Default How long are you interested?

My interest in photography has been waxing and waning these days. Can't really keep my interest up all the time. What about you guys?

Default Re: How long are you interested?

everytime i think of a sunset or sunrise i am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    My interest in photography has been waxing and waning these days. Can't really keep my interest up all the time. What about you guys?
    I took up photo during my teens, shoot seriously for 4 years, relax shooting for 4 years, then quit shooting for 8 years, back and relax shooting for 1 year, then serious for 2 years, currently abit relax due to commitment.

for me, whether interested or not.... the show must goes on.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    for me, whether interested or not.... the show must goes on.
    Has it become a chore for you?

The burning passion is still there. Love getting all the errors when shooting. Then will keep on trying till i get it right. So many scenes to shoot but so little time.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

I find that Waxing & Waning is quite common..... mainly because of what I term as the 'Burn Out' effect..... Burn Out from 'over' shooting after getting your 1st DSLR/Camera.... you join every shoot.... shoot everyday.... then 'think' you have done it all, and is now bored.

For me.... Photography is kind of life long hobby/interest. I could only afford to start well into my working life.... DSLR isn't cheap till after 2000 I don't try to be a PRO or anything.... but shoot when I'm free or when I'm in a good mood. I no longer try to shoot a certain numbers of time, every month, just to make my gears worthwhile..... doing so, I kept my interest going.... plus I go for overseas trip each year just for photography (Penang this June, Taiwan end of the year... hopfully ), beside my usual Scuba Diving photography trip

Scuba & Father... For Life

if you are in the CS organised photoshoots and still feel like that, then it is better to check with the doc .... probably you are losing your testosterone

but seriously, it is very common to feel like you for most of us. I do, he does, and most people will. With the exception of some hardcore shooters. I do change my interest to landscape, to animals, to events photography, xmm, artistic, etc... sometimes you meet someone who can inspire and motivate you to improve your works, etc... Change camera system is also known to motivate you to try out new things and style, etc.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    if you are in the CS organised photoshoots and still feel like that, then it is better to check with the doc .... probably you are losing your testosterone

but seriously, it is very common to feel like you for most of us. I do, he does, and most people will. With the exception of some hardcore shooters. I do change my interest to landscape, to animals, to events photography, xmm, artistic, etc... sometimes you meet someone who can inspire and motivate you to improve your works, etc... Change camera system is also known to motivate you to try out new things and style, etc.
    And buying new equipment too.....really....or maybe only me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    And buying new equipment too.....really....or maybe only me. lol
    haha ... that's only an excuse I used too often too .

Everytime I look at my favourite links of galleries, my interest is renewed

...that is after I get over a short period of mild depression upon realising how sucky my photos are.

Jokes aside, if this is just a hobby, why not take it easy and enjoy the process, photography does requires effort and time away from family.

Relax, its just for fun
    Last edited by Justintime; 6th May 2010 at 09:55 AM.

Thank you guys for the replies.

When my interest is gone, I don't feel anything looking at photos. "Just another photo" feeling.

Also, buying new gear didn't help either. I just bought 2 lenses recently - 10.5 fisheye and 11-16.

Still, I don't see my interest renewed. Still sitting in my dry cabi. LOL.

Also, shooting models... never got my testosterones up. Even when I was still interested. Just trying to take nice pics.

A little uninspired now.

Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    Has it become a chore for you?
    doing things not base on your own interest, and need to be done.... by you only.
    you want to take it as a chore, a job, a mission, a calling, is all up to you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I too feel a bit tired sometimes... probably because of the weight of the gear, or am a bit tired of the things I normally shoot

I took pics with my handphone and Holga, and read more and looked at pics, and kind of rekindled my interest again

Maybe you should try a total different kind of photography, like lomo or macro

Quote Originally Posted by cancan7 View Post
    I too feel a bit tired sometimes... probably because of the weight of the gear, or am a bit tired of the things I normally shoot

I took pics with my handphone and Holga, and read more and looked at pics, and kind of rekindled my interest again

Maybe you should try a total different kind of photography, like lomo or macro
    agree with u. sometimes those heavy gears make me tired of shooting. also always the same old thing to shoot.
    join groupS, look at what other shoot (foreign forums), learn new techinques (PS) will help

Thank you guys for the replies.

When my interest is gone, I don't feel anything looking at photos. "Just another photo" feeling.

Also, buying new gear didn't help either. I just bought 2 lenses recently - 10.5 fisheye and 11-16.

Still, I don't see my interest renewed. Still sitting in my dry cabi. LOL.

Also, shooting models... never got my testosterones up. Even when I was still interested. Just trying to take nice pics.

A little uninspired now.
    maybe u can loan to me till your interest come back? i am currently "overflowing" with testosterone..

A little uninspired now.
    employ a PD to hunt for uncle Bob, an ex-cSer who specializes in improving photographers' testosterone level.

that 'interest' should not be cultivated just because people are shooting with DSLR/SLR these days. it has to be naturally exuded from within. the genre of photography is so diversified that you can't be doing everything within a year, let alone a few months of taking up this expensive hobby.

take a break from your usual style. experiment with different settings and subjects.i'm sure you won't get bored that easily. shoot @ different timings,sweat it out with your gears by walking around. you'll tire off physically rather then psychologically
    Fun in photography is inFinity
    My Flickr

this thread title sounds so... ok... i have no interest in anything long... probably something rounder and fuller hanging over their chest.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

nice icon......

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
    Relax, its just for fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast