Thread: Mind Maps

Default Mind Maps

How do Mind Maps affect a person's thinking?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mind Maps

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    How do Mind Maps affect a person's thinking?
    it screws it up. LOL
    good for organising ideas. maybe not so good when ur linking ideas. flowcharts are more effective in tat sense

Hmmm...

Hint: Results 1 - 10 of about 723,000

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    it screws it up. LOL
    good for organising ideas. maybe not so good when ur linking ideas. flowcharts are more effective in tat sense
    Flow charts are useful to help someone visualise a process and how things are linked but that is only once you have sorted thru the information.

Mind maps are very good at organising AND connecting ideas. It is a method for brainstorming and being able to link different thoughts to each other. It is often used as a basis for developing ideas and identifying key points.....and probably more
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

My mom-in-law uses it to teach the kids how to do composition in Malay Language for primary school students.

She herself uses it help convey ideas more easily in her PhD dissertation.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Flow charts are useful to help someone visualise a process and how things are linked but that is only once you have sorted thru the information.

Mind maps are very good at organising AND connecting ideas. It is a method for brainstorming and being able to link different thoughts to each other. It is often used as a basis for developing ideas and identifying key points.....and probably more
    use both together ! haha

LOL, WUD? Does this explains why we are screwing up in Afghanistan?
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 6th May 2010 at 06:08 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

no but it explains why the CENTRAL GOVERNMENT is working with ANSF INSTITUTION in its COALITION CAPACITY to stock up NARCOTICS because of POPULAR SUPPORT by the INSURGENTS as part of the POPULATION CONDITIONS and BELIEF to improve INFRASTRUCTURE, SERVICES and ECONOMY with the objective to improve TRIBAL GOVERNANCE.
    Last edited by pokiemon; 11th May 2010 at 11:05 PM.

Mind maps, depending on how you draw them, aids you in visualising ideas. It works for visual people, and screws things up for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    no but it explains why the CENTRAL GOVERNMENT is working with ANSF INSTITUTION in its COALITION CAPACITY to stock up NARCOTICS because of POPULAR SUPPORT by the INSURGENTS as part of the POPULATION CONDITIONS and BELIEF to improve INFRASTRUCTURE, SERVICES and ECONOMY with the objective to improve TRIBAL GOVERNANCE.
    LOL, if I see such a powerpoint slide during a meeting, my mind immediately goes blank with my imagination drifting to a tropical paradise fully of sexy babes.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I think mind map is a waste of time. It doesn't help me at all.

if you are not good in organizing your thoughts and not able to recall your line of thoughts , use mind maps

before mind maps software or even this concepts was advertised everywhere, sure a few of us was already doing something similar, albeit using the fancy illustration. i used excel for this purpose, or sometimes with post-it notes to jot down the bits and pieces of thoughts and stick them on boards... all are the same. a tool / technique is only good with a good user.

i find mind map easy to understand. it's alot easier than jotting down point by point (doesn't help when topics in discussion keep switching).

it helps to just put a whole bunch of words together and move them around.
    personally I find writing short phrases/thoughts in a document and then shifting them around by cutting and pasting helpful..
    mindmaps are a good tool to help sort out multiple points

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    it helps to just put a whole bunch of words together and move them around.
    personally I find writing short phrases/thoughts in a document and then shifting them around by cutting and pasting helpful..
    mindmaps are a good tool to help sort out multiple points
    that works as well. but if the topics are related how do you connect them?

usually you can identify certain traits that differentiate a bunch of points, so you group them under certain headers.
    (sounds like common sense but it's easy to get overwhelmed by details..)