Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 204

Thread: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

  1. #161
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    did the other 5% ask you what camera you use?
    No, we ask for her telephone number. Then we find out Leong23 is actually a guy

  2. #162
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    No, we ask for her telephone number. Then we find out Leong23 is actually a guy
    i'm a rabbit.


  3. #163
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    i'm a rabbit.

    And that makes humping the Canon alright?

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    you shld have just do that to all other threads. why not?

    no need to peng san already
    I agreed with nm but I'm also glad that you feel this way, from now onwards, we'll all forward all enquries to you so that a helpful CSer like you can help them
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #165
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    well. its not possible to ans all. maybe the guy with a lot of post counts can. but i cant.

    well. ultimately, its the effort from the new members bah. if we see effort we help. if we see stuck up ppl we shoot him down. then we help.
    even if we throw in go google urself, u realise we always throw in this too.

    http://************/32ca33f

  6. #166

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Yes, it can get irritating when you see post after post of the same questions, some just a few posts away from each other. You'd really ponder "Don't these ppl search for anything??!!"
    I mean Cmon, in this day and age everyone knows how to google. I can understand it if its a less direct question like "I've done HDR using Photoshop, but I get halos" or "What is this speck on my photo?" But many questions would get faster/easier/more detailed answers by using a web search.

    On the other hand, I do find many replies to be quite harsh (S'porean culture? The hard love? )
    I'd just take a 'not happy' don't answer approach.
    Its not as if there is a gun pointing to me to answer.

  7. #167
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    On the other hand, I do find many replies to be quite harsh
    it has been observed that a rude driver who honks u on the road will almost not be a person who flips u off on the streets. .. on a forum, there is even less inhibition, but they will probably not be someone who will behave the same face to face.

    i would tend to believe there is always a better way of communicating the message across.

    ryan

  8. #168

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I agreed with nm but I'm also glad that you feel this way, from now onwards, we'll all forward all enquries to you so that a helpful CSer like you can help them
    haha, if u can trust me to help. y not? i defintely will help! i am very helpful.

    Newbie: " what has a f stop got to do with light?"
    me: " the bigger the number the better. cuz more light can go in.... f/22 will be the best. the aperture will be so big that even at night ur ISO 100 also can shoot daylight shots "

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    haha, if u can trust me to help. y not? i defintely will help! i am very helpful.

    Newbie: " what has a f stop got to do with light?"
    me: " the bigger the number the better. cuz more light can go in.... f/22 will be the best. the aperture will be so big that even at night ur ISO 100 also can shoot daylight shots "
    And that is my personal bug bear. People who spew misinformation because they think they know what they're on about. Mistruth is frequently more dangerous than silence.

    And yes, I know you are speaking in jest in that post.

  10. #170

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    And yes, I know you are speaking in jest in that post.
    you should be careful, sometimes they are not jesting, that's what's scary.

  11. #171
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    And that is my personal bug bear. People who spew misinformation because they think they know what they're on about. Mistruth is frequently more dangerous than silence.

    And yes, I know you are speaking in jest in that post.
    Oh ya, there are tonnes of mistruth in CS.....and more often they still standfast with their belief.....

  12. #172

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Oh ya, there are tonnes of mistruth in CS.....and more often they still standfast with their belief.....
    like haze filters helping to make photos clearer....... that one is priceless.

  13. #173

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    or that using B+W makes your photos sharper

  14. #174

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    or that using B+W makes your photos sharper
    No wonder all my pics cant make it and it so "Lao Ya"

    Cos i only using HOYA
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  15. #175

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    No wonder all my pics cant make it and it so "Lao Ya"

    Cos i only using HOYA
    no, only my pics are 'Lao Ya" cause i am using 'L' lens.

  16. #176
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    If someone post,

    "Why must use flash to shoot macro?" or "Is tripod important when shooting macro?"

    I will be seeing answer from those macro master that make my day.

  17. #177
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    To be frank, some of those good photographer that left CS is because of those "thot they know a lot" or "thot they shoot like god" photographer keep posting misleading things in CS.

    I stay because i enjoying seeing those post as it wouldn't affect my photo in anyway.

  18. #178

  19. #179
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    When i saw this, i really LOL, he already dunno who he is speaking to.

  20. #180

    Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    no, only my pics are 'Lao Ya" cause i am using 'L' lens.
    No lor, that's u are PRO lor.

    LP
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •