Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's where you are wrong.

senior members all know that posting in kopitiam DOES not increase your post count.

otherwise you think 22,000+ posts only?
    if that so, then CS will ban you liao cos you will be countless and spoilt their system!
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    When i'm free, i will start train coco to do that.
    can train coco to compare 50mm f/1.4 versus f/1.8?

next time, after a while, can make coco the resident clubsnap consultant.

anything, just tell them COCO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, then tell them to speak to coco on webcam.

just meow back at her, she will get the answer.
    i just make her to google herself.

that's where you are wrong.

senior members all know that posting in kopitiam DOES not increase your post count.

otherwise you think 22,000+ posts only?
    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    See... you didn't bother to read. Posts in Kopitiam does not count to add to your post count.

oh is it. i din know there is even such a ruling. so i shld have posted this thread in other sections then.

now u know why i joined in 2006 but still not a senior member.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    i think so too.. one of the ways to increase my post counts. i am a senior member to be.
    FYI, post in kopitiam don't contribute to post counts, you want real post counts, go and help other members with their questions.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

oh dear, a bunch of senior members just told him off.

now he is going to be sad.............
    Wat was the post count when they included the kopitiam posts? I am getting curious..
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

oh is it. i din know there is even such a ruling. so i shld have posted this thread in other sections then.

if you help people out in newbies corner, your post count will increase.

frankly speaking, i don't care if i am senior member or not.

if the moderators can put my tag there as "nothing" even better, then less people will have problems with what i type. post count also not important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Wat was the post count when they included the kopitiam posts? I am getting curious..
    not accurate liao,

the other day i went to delete quite a number of threads that i started because i was bored.

but it was a lot, way more than this. i do think that ortega will be higher than me though, when it comes to including kopitiam posts........

van's one even better............. i think 80% of her posts in kopitiam.

Post elsewhere with a chit chat topic and one of the Mods will them happily chuck the whole thread back into kopitiam and you'd still lose the post count.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

i go play tennis for 3 hours and so much buzz.

i can empathize with both sides of view.

when a student in school asks a question, his teacher can't ask him to google the answer. in fact the role of the teacher is to guide the student to the answer, invoke his thought process and as jed highlighted teach him to fish so that he can fish for himself.

i think the point ts is trying to raise is perhaps the more experienced member (senior member doesn't automatically make you experience) can provide that guidance. whilst googling is good for getting answers to technical questions, it is different from a question posed in the forum where a forumer can share his experience to that of the question. dont forget sometimes it is all about the human interaction as well.

that why all senior members carry big lens and big guns cos they buy things got 80 percent discount mah!

SO hurry be one!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    FYI, post in kopitiam don't contribute to post counts, you want real post counts, go and help other members with their questions.
    why u haven help with my questions?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    maybe i shld start go and tangle myself with needless problems to increase my post count in other sections.

sorry, just a correction, is

倚老卖老
    again

hope you guys get my points, if you answer the author bluntly, you could drive him away from CS. what does CS stand to gain? eventually, CS would lose some potentially gifted photographer in the long run. in the beginning, the person post / question might appear dump, from there, senior can open the gate and guide him through; lead him to master the art of photography..

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post

when a student in school asks a question, his teacher can't ask him to google the answer. in fact the role of the teacher is to guide the student to the answer, invoke his thought process and as jed highlighted teach him to fish so that he can fish for himself.

i think the point ts is trying to raise is perhaps the more experienced member (senior member doesn't automatically make you experience) can provide that guidance. whilst googling is good for getting answers to technical questions, it is different from a question posed in the forum where a forumer can share his experience to that of the question. dont forget sometimes it is all about the human interaction as well.
    in the first place, why people so mind about what post count or is it senior member or not etc....

What is the point? I dont even know what my post count till now i realised after seeing this thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    that why all senior members carry big lens and big guns cos they buy things got 80 percent discount mah!

SO hurry be one!

why u haven help with my questions?
    but i need to BE a senior member to get that 80% discount. meantime, i am just a member with 0% discount. HOW to be a senior member when i am broke?

Yea, I read in other threads before that posting in "Kopitiam" doesn't qualify in being a senior member....

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post

A school is a school.

A forum is a online community which involves individuals who may or may not be willing to be so patient as paid teachers to educate you on all aspects of the forum's content. If you ask the right questions as what the program said in iRobot, you'd get the desired response.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    again

hope you guys get my points, if you answer the author bluntly, you could drive him away from CS. what does CS stand to gain? eventually, CS would lose some potentially gifted photographer in the long run. in the beginning, the person post / question might appear dump, from there, senior can open the gate and guide him through; lead him to master the art of photography..
    CS dont own any photographer etc, so what to loose for CS? CS is not the only platform for photography knowledges. Look out further pal

i somehow seriously doubt that a person asking about the difference between gnd and nd filters will be a great photographer. i mean, maybe it's judgemental...... but can you imagine the learning curve.......?

again

This problem exists EVERYWHERE... it all boils down to how much effort the person wants to take to do a simple search or bother to read first.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast