Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

People who reprimand new members that does not use the search function fail to realise that there are members who love to spoon feed lazy babies.

Newbies Corner is a good place to...

+1

+1

+1
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    this batch of kids u have there are also the very batch of kids who gets cameras cause they look geeky and cool and use it to show off to girls. how do i know? i came from tat same batch of idiots.

get real. most of the qn can be discovered via google. perhaps the only stuff i might ask is the lighting setup of that specific shot, technique, etc.

hardly u see me ask, hey why is the 5dmk2 better than ur 450d?

ts. i know wad ur trying to say, that senior members shld be helping out more. and we are. by asking ppl to be independent and search themselves. only when they hit a wall we will help. we arent as unerasonable. nightmare has provided quality opinions on matters regarding photography to a lot of us before.
    When faced with an often asked question. We can
    1) Answer newbie's question
    2) Ask newbie to search (supply keywords if necessary)
    3) Ignore newbie's question, wait for someone else to answer
    4) Ask newbie to search and be rude/sarcastic

I think the problem (and possibly what TS is referring to) is the 4th one, which I think is happening quite frequently. It has come to a point where it seems that they put down the newbies just to make themselves sound like an "old bird". There is no need to spoon feed if one don't like it, but there is no reason for one to be rude/sarcastic.
    Last edited by ahbian; 5th May 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post

I think the problem (and possibly what TS is referring to) is the 4th one, which I think is happening quite frequently. It has come to a point where it seems that they put down the newbies just to make themselves sound like an "old bird". There is no need to spoon feed if one don't like it, but there is no reason for one to be rude/sarcastic.
    i have not seen it recently......? now and then i guess.

its just too frequent every now and then. this is something worth thinking about.

make the forum a nicer place to surf. instead of getting shot everytime a newbie asks something. what will they think of this forum.

if you want them to find, fine. but whats with the rude/sarcastic remarks?

make this world a better place by starting with ourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    Recently and for quite awhile around clubsnap, I have been seeing newbies, beginners, clueless people that are being shot down by Senior Members when asking a perfectly innocent question.

Example:

newbie: "what is the difference between a ND filter and a grad ND filter ?"
    Senior Member: "pls go google or make a search... what are search engines for????!!!! "

But I am sure that what this forum is about is to answer questions and queries for those newbies and beginners. or is it what this forum is NOT about?

Any comments from guys out there?
    ask that senior to shut up in this case. respect need to be earned, respect is not bestowed when the senior reach puberty.

once, the ppl in the Mac User Group Singapore, shouted 'go google or make a search', i quit. switched to discussions.apple.com; good move! those guys there are knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and lastly, won't shout at you to 'go google or make a search'

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Wow TS, i love the way you type, what keyboard do you use???

Is my question good enough???
    LOL, sound so familiar...
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

right. i think there are still friendlier ppl out there in this forum. hope to see more of this...

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post

once, the ppl in the Mac User Group Singapore, shouted 'go google or make a search', i quit. switched to discussions.apple.com; good move! those guys there are knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and lastly, won't shout at you to 'go google or make a search'
    bubble goes pop!!!!!!!!!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....ageID=11481153

This is how I set mine up at no cost other than some time - if you do the same, Google is your best friend for the next couple of hours - there is loads of help out there to do this, and help through this thread will be way off-topic:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....ageID=10664756

Google are your best friend :-)
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....ageID=11427316

See this, Google is your friend.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....ageID=11230826

google is your friend. type in subject, then apple support in the google search field.
    example: time machine apple support

Apple has a search on the Apple Support page too. Go to support page, on left under "browse
    support" select the product. After product page loads, use the search box on upper right menu
    to enter subject and search.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....ageID=10900294

Google is your best friend, never forget that. I searched eSTATA 130804 and found that it appears to be a LaCie eSATA PCI Express card. You should be able to take it from there.

My own point of view....

*Feel like helping - Answer the question even if its been asked a million times.....

*Fed up from answering the same question again & again - Don't even want to read the POST.

PEACE.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

I think everywhere is the same lah.....just take it as a pint of salt.

I normally will skip.....and i only crack joke in kopitam.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    what can i say........

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...86&postcount=2

either this is being extremely sarcastic, or he is serious.

i happen to think that it is the former, because the TS himself uses a 7d.

talk about pot calling the kettle black.
    Hmmmmmm... double standard.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    My own point of view....

*Feel like helping - Answer the question even if its been asked a million times.....

*Fed up from answering the same question again & again - Don't even want to read the POST.

PEACE.....

Well said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    ask that senior to shut up in this case. respect need to be earned, respect is not bestowed when the senior reach puberty.

most of ur senior members already earned their respect through their works and their constructive comments.

imagine next time the ppl now asking qns gonna be the very ppl leading ur kids. u sure u want them to not be independent?
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 5th May 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I think everywhere is the same lah.....just take it as a pint of salt.
    yes, everywhere is the same......

just whether you look long enough.

you can't change the world, what you can change is you. so you have to find your way of adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    My own point of view....

PEACE.....
    Best reply in this thread.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    most of ur senior members already earned their respect through their works and their constructive comments.

just for ur info. we could jolly well just ignore ur question and let u rot. we forwarded u to google cause u probably never bothered to in the first place. we judge if ur question is valid by throwing it into google word for word, and if we see the ans is at the very first result do u think u bothered to look for info urself? have some pride and rely on urself a bit more.
    now, i don't believe that because a person has given a good record for 2 years means that we should close an eye when he starts misbehaving badly for 2 days.

the "jolly well ignore your question and let you rot" is perhaps not an attitude i agree with.. because the simplest riposte to that would be "why don't you just do that?" and then there is nothing to say to that.

the road to hell is paved with good intentions, i think people here can be too sensitive and think that sometimes, someone is mocking them when they are not. so let's all have some form of open mind, try not to be too catty when people overreact to a simple joke...

i do admit i enjoy a good laugh and all when someone asks if L lenses will have problems being mounted on a 400d, of course. i'm only human. it doesn't take a senior member or someone being so-called experienced in photography to see the humour and nonsensical nature of that, right?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast