Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

Default Re: Senior Members.....ClubSnap.... Newbies.... Questions.....

Hi all,

for once, i COMPLETELY DISAGREE with nightmare. here are the reasons:-

You are spoonfeeding the TS!!!! U're supposed to guide him/her to find out y in some cases, the senior members did that, but ended up u also have patience of a saint loh...exprain so damn long...and so damn detailed............. so i disagree with your actions....

and here's what I'll tell TS:-

Please, if u want to know the reasons y, please do a search on the forum's old threads. there are plenty of previous threads relating to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Sometimes maybe attitudes can be toned down... I can see both sides; bear in mind the experienced member will have seen that same question multiple times, but I accept that the newbie hasn't and the old hand shouldn't necessarily take it out on him, but it does happen.
    what can i say........

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...86&postcount=2

either this is being extremely sarcastic, or he is serious.

i happen to think that it is the former, because the TS himself uses a 7d.

talk about pot calling the kettle black.

To be frank, 95% of ppls in CS that like my macro shots will only ask what lens i use......most of the time, i just ignore.

Until now, no one actually ask me the actual technique to secure those shots......so i emo until i never click on the "macro section" anymore.

So think before you ask, i believe this is what you do outside CS.

i am also noting that the TS does not go around helping answer newbie questions much.

instead of having this thread in kopitiam and expressing his point of view, i very earnestly suggest that he be the change that he wants to see, and start answering questions......?

soon, he will be a geeky, slim, bespectacled (i'm thinking that's what he was trying to say) senior member with 22,000+ posts too, if he bothered to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiNn View Post
    however, you are NOT required to answer them...someone else will... if u feel that its realli insane doing the same thing over, just leave it? there will be someone who hasnt feel that its insane to reply...
    In the first place, I never emphasize whether anyone is required to answer anyone question. I don't answer every single thread. In my current job, I doing the "answering same question" for the past 4 yrs, I am fedup of it cos people don't bother.

Yes people can be helpful but sometimes, people should take initiatives to find available answers that is out there already.
    Last edited by kkvolution; 5th May 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i don't think i am slim either.

geeky, perhaps, that's for people who have met me to decide.

bi-specs...................... hrm. i don't even know what that means.

stay 24/7 on the comp, yes, i do, that's how i send out my camera to take photos for me.

22,000+ replies to my name... i'm sorry, it just got that way because i type quite fast and reply quite fast.

i do think you are trying to get personal. first strike, give you benefit of doubt, next strike... perhaps you might want to reconsider. i tend to get under people's skin more than they get under mine.
    no, i am not and have no intention of getting personal.
    if thats what you think it is...then it is what you think it is..
    i dun have to be given the benefit of doubt. becuz im totally not in doubt and very clear of what i am trying to express.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i am also noting that the TS does not go around helping answer newbie questions much.

instead of having this thread in kopitiam and expressing his point of view, i very earnestly suggest that he be the change that he wants to see, and start answering questions......?

soon, he will be a geeky, slim, bespectacled (i'm thinking that's what he was trying to say) senior member with 22,000+ posts too, if he bothered to do that.
    TS only doing photography for fun what.....

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=21

i dun have to be given the benefit of doubt. becuz im totally not in doubt and very clear of what i am trying to express.
    the trouble is, and i don't know any other way to put it, is that people have the right to doubt and question what you are trying to express.

for example, if i meet someone not so proficient in english.. i am sure perhaps they are trying to tell me that they are good at squatting, and they are quite clear that they are trying to tell me that they need to go to the toilet urgently...........

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    You are spoonfeeding the TS!!!! U're supposed to guide him/her to find out y in some cases, the senior members did that, but ended up u also have patience of a saint loh...exprain so damn long...and so damn detailed............. so i disagree with your actions....
    you are a bad, grumpy, old senior member.

we would be better off without the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    Hi all,

for once, i COMPLETELY DISAGREE with nightmare. here are the reasons:-

and here's what I'll tell TS:-

Please, if u want to know the reasons y, please do a search on the forum's old threads. there are plenty of previous threads relating to this issue.

another timeless classic of sarcasm

May i should start asking question since i'm not senior member.

Question that are in my mind.
    1. Why most of the filter thread size are in even numbers?
    2. Why Nikon D3s don't have ISO25?
    3. Why Nikon put the "D" infront of the number but Canon put the opposite way?
    4. Which is the best lens in the world?
    5. Which is the best camera in the world?
    6. Which is the tripod in the world?

more to come......

some kind soul will answer your questions...

you not kind mah...... i thought you are very the kind that why you started this thread....

some questions that are asked are just simply sign of being lazy.

alot of things can be learn from the user manual in which i believe all those ppl who ask those question and got shot down, didnt border to read their manual. thus they deserve to be shot.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    you not kind mah...... i thought you are very the kind that why you started this thread....
    he is waiting for the Kind Soul to come along

this Kind Soul will be the one to end all world troubles. the Kind Soul will help settle the iraq problems, convert all gwc into bona fide photographers, console all rape victims WHILE turning rapists to the straight path..............

but he is not the Kind Soul, he is merely a prophet.

another timeless classic of sarcasm
    i don't think he really cares what you think.......

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    May i should start asking question since i'm not senior member.

Question that are in my mind.
    1. Why most of the filter thread size are in even numbers?
    2. Why Nikon D3s don't have ISO25?
    3. Why Nikon put the "D" infront of the number but Canon put the opposite way?
    4. Which is the best lens in the world?
    5. Which is the best camera in the world?
    6. Which is the tripod in the world?

more to come......
    hi, i am your care bear for today:

my name is pinky and i fart out rainbows. here are the answers to your questions:

1) because good things come in pairs, 好事成双

2) because they actually make iso25 film, so if they make cameras with iso25, no one will buy their film.

3) because nikon is run by women, they are more used to putting the D behind, e.g. 32D, 34D...

4) pentax 18-55 kit lens. period. sell you some for $800?

5)

6)

I thought everyone could present their own views to this topic, but unfortunately somehow the herd mentality and needless sarcasm always gets in the way.

Recently and for quite awhile around clubsnap, I have been seeing newbies, beginners, clueless people that are being shot down by Senior Members when asking a perfectly innocent question.

Example:

newbie: "what is the difference between a ND filter and a grad ND filter ?"
    Senior Member: "pls go google or make a search... what are search engines for????!!!! "

But I am sure that what this forum is about is to answer questions and queries for those newbies and beginners. or is it what this forum is NOT about?

Any comments from guys out there?
    Been using this faceless communication "thingie" since 1986 in which ever incarnation it came in and has evolved since. Yesterday's newbies we shared with, they became today's "masters". Some ex-newbies share, some others of "shifu" status , say "why you newbies come and ask here?". At the end of the day, the person that you taught may or may not take any time to teach others. Its their decision.

Sure some say don't spoon feed. Personally, I found the current generation (today's teenagers), anything but spoon fed. They are willing to search, find and learn. Those who don't want to share, can live and let live. Those who want to share should not take it for granted that those that they taught will also become willing in sharing.

-- marios
    Last edited by marios_pittas; 5th May 2010 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries

this batch of kids u have there are also the very batch of kids who gets cameras cause they look geeky and cool and use it to show off to girls. how do i know? i came from tat same batch of idiots.

get real. most of the qn can be discovered via google. perhaps the only stuff i might ask is the lighting setup of that specific shot, technique, etc.

hardly u see me ask, hey why is the 5dmk2 better than ur 450d?

ts. i know wad ur trying to say, that senior members shld be helping out more. and we are. by asking ppl to be independent and search themselves. only when they hit a wall we will help. we arent as unerasonable. nightmare has provided quality opinions on matters regarding photography to a lot of us before.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast