Thread: A photograph i took

Default A photograph i took

okay, so i took my cam and just walked around the yard, just raised my camera and took a photo of my papaya tree. popped up my flash, and i got this effect on the picture that made it look rather artificial. however so, i found it quite interesting. creating this thread here to seek for lessons from you pros here to why the photo turned out like that.

or could it be just me? lol cause i rarely take photos using a flash.

Photography photography photography

Default Re: A photograph i took

Quote Originally Posted by Fapic View Post
    okay, so i took my cam and just walked around the yard, just raised my camera and took a photo of my papaya tree. popped up my flash, and i got this effect on the picture that made it look rather artificial. however so, i found it quite interesting. creating this thread here to seek for lessons from you pros here to why the photo turned out like that.

Not a pro here. Short answer is simply because you used the flash. Taste is subjective, but its not aesthetically pleasing and considered harsh lighting to me.

it's ok if the photo look artifical, as long the papayas are real, that is more important..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotsshooter View Post
    it's ok if the photo look artifical, as long the papayas are real, that is more important..
    it looks like... u placed a few leaves infront of a image of a papaya tree feel. quite unique i gotta admit. first time seeing this feel. oddly refreshing. i mean it, oddly.

The flash is kinda harsh, otherwise, a pretty good ad-hoc photo you have there...

PS: I've no idea it is a papaya tree till you told me about it ^_^;;
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

i see what you mean....try taking at night. the effect becomes stronger.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Blog Entries

TS,

Ok, if you use a flash straight on, the lighting is harsh and can look artificial. OK, we got that out of the way.

Now go google on "bounce flash", "diffused flash" to learn how to get around this effect.

thanks for the replies man. a complete newbie in flash photography here.
    will definitely go learn more about it. thanks alot!

It looks like that because in life, natural light rarely comes from a small dot (of light) right in front of your forehead.

Look up the basics of LIGHT and one of the topics covered is angle and direction, and how that affects the quality and look of light and things will start to get exciting!

CHEERS!

ahha im doing physics in school now so that shouldnt be a problem.
    and ive just done myself a round of googling on flash.
    flash does wonders, really. now im really tempted to get a flash for myself