Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Carrie's Morning

  1. #1

    Default Carrie's Morning



    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition + Lighting + Technique

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Together with her smile and the bed sheet (although it's just a white piece of cloth), i hope to show that she's having a great morning.

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    The camera was held above my head level and tried a few times to take, with a flash pointing downwards and a reflector at the side. (As i do not have umbrellas/lighting equipments)

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    For myself i like the photo because of her smile, and how the white cloth brings out about cuteness in her.
    www.areyouphotogenic.net
    -Specialise in Portraits & Events Photography-

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition + Lighting + Technique
    Lighting's good. Since the photo is her face, I have to turn my head to see her face. So I suggest flipping your picture around.

    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Together with her smile and the bed sheet (although it's just a white piece of cloth), i hope to show that she's having a great morning.

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    For myself i like the photo because of her smile, and how the white cloth brings out about cuteness in her.
    The smile, the image is there but, waking up in work clothes doesn't look right to me. Otherwise, I think this photograph is pretty good. "Stock" photo standard.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    why did you choose to leave it landscape instead of rotating it to portrait? my neck hurts from turning to look at her nice smile

  4. #4
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    why did you choose to leave it landscape instead of rotating it to portrait? my neck hurts from turning to look at her nice smile
    Agree.. I think if it's portrait orientation, it would be better.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    i'm going to disagree with everyone and say that the composition is fine. i don't think it was work clothes, it looks more like shirt pyjamas? i actually really like this shot a lot, don't really see anything wrong with it

  6. #6

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    agree. i like the composition and her smile gives a happy feel.

    just a few comments:
    1. i would give it a tighter crop to give it more weight to about 50%. currently the subject is at about 40%.
    2. i am not sure if it is my screen but it looks on the soft side esp the eyes.
    3. a little more contrast will give it a less flat look.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Carrie's Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Lighting's good. Since the photo is her face, I have to turn my head to see her face. So I suggest flipping your picture around.


    The smile, the image is there but, waking up in work clothes doesn't look right to me. Otherwise, I think this photograph is pretty good. "Stock" photo standard.
    - Thanks alot, the work clothes is suppose to make it look like she just went to bed when she return from work late at night >.< but i guess i still need to work on that >.<

    Thanks alot for the comments !

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    why did you choose to leave it landscape instead of rotating it to portrait? my neck hurts from turning to look at her nice smile
    - I just rotated it, and ya i do agree it looks better in portrait! Thanks alot for the comments

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    Agree.. I think if it's portrait orientation, it would be better.
    - Rotated ! Thanks alot for comments !

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidviolente View Post
    i'm going to disagree with everyone and say that the composition is fine. i don't think it was work clothes, it looks more like shirt pyjamas? i actually really like this shot a lot, don't really see anything wrong with it
    - Ya it was suppose to be that instead of work clothes >.< But i guess it wasn't revealed enough to show it >.< Thanks alot for the comments !

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    agree. i like the composition and her smile gives a happy feel.

    just a few comments:
    1. i would give it a tighter crop to give it more weight to about 50%. currently the subject is at about 40%.
    2. i am not sure if it is my screen but it looks on the soft side esp the eyes.
    3. a little more contrast will give it a less flat look.
    - 1. i'll try give it a tighter crop and see how it feels like >.<
    2. oo i'll take note of it >.<
    3. ok noted~ cause actually i wanted it lesser contrast >.< i shall try it with more contrast.


    Thanks alot guys for the constructive comments !
    Hope to be able to improve ! (Just started taking models nowadays)
    www.areyouphotogenic.net
    -Specialise in Portraits & Events Photography-

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •