Thread: M1 Mobile Hotspot hardware problem

Default M1 Mobile Hotspot hardware problem

Anybody using the M1 mobile hotspot? The little battery operated broadband device...

There is a post on Engadget that the manufacturer is recalling the device because it is deemed unsafe...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/04/b...-use-recalled/

Called M1 and they mentioned they have not heard anything from the manufacturer.

I don't have problem using the device but wanted to share this so that users are aware...
    Last edited by Hitman; 5th May 2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Default Re: M1 Mobile Hotspot hardware problem

engadget seems to be hacked. i see tvsquad instead.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    engadget seems to be hacked. i see tvsquad instead.
    I think they fixed it already... these guys are fast!
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

lol. yea man.

Anyway i was notified that M1 did stop the use of the MiFi some months ago because of some strange issues and now have resumed its use. I guess if anything were to happen here, IDA will get the rap.
    sigh.

What a sensationalise headline.

The next time any manufacturers has a product recall they should always use the phrase "unsafe for human use only, cats and dogs ok".
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 5th May 2010 at 12:19 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    What a sensationalise headline.

The next time any manufacturers has a product recall they should always use the phrase "unsafe for human use only, cats and dogs ok".
    it really depends on who is your target audience...

http://www.johnpaulpet.com/mission.html

i was buying shampoo for my cat and i saw this brand... the tagline they had was "tested on humans" so its kinda funny... on one hand we're against animal testing... so now we deem pets so precious that we had to test it on ourselves before giving it to them... probably a marketing gimmick for the extremist.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    lol. yea man.

Anyway i was notified that M1 did stop the use of the MiFi some months ago because of some strange issues and now have resumed its use. I guess if anything were to happen here, IDA will get the rap.
    Device hang issue. It still hang occassionally but not as bad as previously. 1st gen hardware is usually full of it.

Device will hang the moment signal is drop or lost. Happen most frequent when using the router in moving vehicle. When it hang, the only way was to removed and reinstalled the batt. The back cover is difficult to remove. According to report, some user used sharp object to ply and in the course of doing so, damage the batt. I slide open and close the cover about 200 times just to "season" it.

It is much better nowadays. It hang about 5 times plus minus daily. Worst i recalled is a Sunday, some months back where there is no way to login at all. All in all, it's hardware and M1 less then ideal broadband problem sum up.

To be fair. Time when it is working fine... it is a wonderful device. You can go online with basically anything with wi-fi... PSP, MP3 player, NB, Desktop PC, Mobile phone, Ipod Touch...anywhere and anytime.

wondering if anyone tried the D-Link version of Mifi.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Anybody have problems posting on CS from sg@wireless hotspots. Strange that some posts can while other cannot. In the latter case, the system keeps on "waiting for clubsnap". I refresh many times and its the same. Any idea what is wrong? I have no problem doing it on my own wireless network at home. Hopefully this post can sent out as I am in a hotspot now.
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3