Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Product Shoot

Default Re: Product Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    BTW, I'm still servicing the agency and the Jr art director got fired a few months later when he piss off the client
    Some thinks that their job title got 'Director' they can bully an industry partner.

I reckon he might think he is being smart by being 'cheap' and 'low balling' and 'makan-ing others' but thats the mindset of a small person with very short sights, his boss might think very differently or might actually feel 'siah sway-ed' by his behavior.

This is a great story.

Blog Entries

ts missing liao

hi all,

what kind of picture quality (for example a shirt) should i be expecting if i pay for:

a $5/shot
    a $15/shot
    a $30/shot

what should i be expecting to pay if a model is involved?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by o1othree View Post
    hi all,

what kind of picture quality (for example a shirt) should i be expecting if i pay for:

a $5/shot
    a $15/shot
    a $30/shot

thanks!
    depends on the quantity of shoots...

if u ask any pro to shoot 1 item 1 view, u pay me $30... i think they'll probably ask u to fly kite.

in rough estimation, any job taken, should have a minimum amount, even for 1 shot taken.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hi Del_CtrlnoAlt

thanks for your answer. i think that is quite obvious. so all else constant (assuming whatever quantity that particular photographer is willing) what should I be expecting for each priced shot?

thanks

There is no hard and fast "price guide" on what photographers charge. In order to get a quote photographers will need to know :

what is the product
    what is the concept or just edge out shot
    how many shots
    what is the usage
    any layout to follow

from the above a rough quote may be possible.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

guys what about food photography hw shld i quote? nth complex, dun need studio lighting, probably just some close ups with basic prime lenses, kinda like those that u see on nice food menu..

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz0 View Post
    guys what about food photography hw shld i quote? nth complex, dun need studio lighting, probably just some close ups with basic prime lenses, kinda like those that u see on nice food menu..
    get a light tent and ambient light and maybe a 100 macro lens or a 50mm with macro ring.

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    get a light tent and ambient light and maybe a 100 macro lens or a 50mm with macro ring.
    you meant he should charge them the cost of getting a light tent, ambient light (i dunno how you gonna charge solar energy) and either a 100 or 50mm macro.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

huh. nice food menu usually pose one leh. like can just like tat shoot meh? i'm doubtful. i usually get the egg slices to line up cutely, cut the nice lime into 2 halfs and pose them to smile upright, all done in a light tent for nice lighting. i dunno if u can get same results using solar power.

anyways its ur choice how much u wanna charge. if u think ur work is worth how much charge how much lor.

i was in the same boat just last week. i have no idea, about how much should be charged for such prod photo...

i asked $200 for 9 item of 3 shots each. then i find the item difficult to PP coz of its odd shapes so i asked for $300 fo 6 items, that makes $50/item of 3-4 shots each...

good thing the client's boss liked my work so they gave me another project...

but this 2nd project was many small things, and my client disagree to pay $50/item coz the total cost would shoot up to thousands of $s, so we nego-nego-nego. untill we came up with $12 on small items of 2 shots each (ill ask the client for $15 on complicated small item) & $30 for big items of 3 shots each...

hth...

btw, i did the 3rd project last night and more to come even overseas.

one phrase which client always like to use...

" base on long term working relationship...."

Blog Entries

nice food menu, all done in a studio with food stylist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    i was in the same boat just last week. i have no idea, about how much should be charged for such prod photo...

i asked $200 for 9 item of 3 shots each. then i find the item difficult to PP coz of its odd shapes so i asked for $300 fo 6 items, that makes $50/item of 3-4 shots each...

good thing the client's boss liked my work so they gave me another project...

but this 2nd project was many small things, and my client disagree to pay $50/item coz the total cost would shoot up to thousands of $s, so we nego-nego-nego. untill we came up with $12 on small items of 2 shots each (ill ask the client for $15 on complicated small item) & $30 for big items of 3 shots each...

hth...

btw, i did the 3rd project last night and more to come even overseas.
    how come the shot must PP?
    get it right on camera and dont waste time PPing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by o1othree View Post
    hi all,

a $5/shot
    a $15/shot
    a $30/shot

thanks!
    for this kind of price, only for big big supermarket with lots of shots to take, then also earn from media and artwork

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    how come the shot must PP?
    get it right on camera and dont waste time PPing
    the client's own requirements...

you should charge as package and negotiate with teh client. first ask them what is their budget. Every customer has a budget be it wedding or a simple photoshoot like this products.

can i ask whats the price roughly to shoot abt 5 shops into making a 6 pages newsletter ?
    NIKON D2X, D90, SB-900, SB-600, MB-D80, 18-105mm, 50mm, 24-70mm, 12-24mm.

Quote Originally Posted by faLique89 View Post
    can i ask whats the price roughly to shoot abt 5 shops into making a 6 pages newsletter ?
    I'm afraid yr question is too vague to derive an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by faLique89 View Post
    Need more details
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123