Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights in the sky?

Default Lights in the sky?

Hi guys,

Today May 4th at 7:30pm I heard a few jets (F-14 or similar) very very close to Punggol, the sound was so loud that I had to stick my head out of the window to see what was going on. Aside from the jets, I saw something else. Looking NE I was able to see a few lights in the sky very shiny in blue color, the lights were far and steady and they looked like sparks not so much a delineated shape.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone noticed something strange or if anyone heard the military jets.

Have a good night

;D

e.

Default Re: Lights in the sky?

those lights might be kites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eduardomi View Post
    Hi guys,

Today May 4th at 7:30pm I heard a few jets (F-14 or similar) very very close to Punggol, the sound was so loud that I had to stick my head out of the window to see what was going on. Aside from the jets, I saw something else. Looking NE I was able to see a few lights in the sky very shiny in blue color, the lights were far and steady and they looked like sparks not so much a delineated shape.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone noticed something strange or if anyone heard the military jets.

Have a good night

;D

e.
    same here at jurong. some bloody @^%T@WQ^YSDHASDHAS planes flew over while i was trying to do stuff.

=.=

i thought they had specific times to fly one? and night time disturbing everyone seems to not fit that bill.

yes, for the past hour, i seen a slow moving (with flickering lights) in the distance, followed by two smaller (blinking lights) which i assume are fighter planes. All three are circling in the sky. I saw the blue one once mentioned by TS, but not after.

Anyone has closer view or photos of it? I believe they are still up in the air right now. Rough estimate, my guess is over bedok or tampines or changi area?
    Last edited by sbs99; 4th May 2010 at 08:59 PM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Thanks for the replies guys!

At least one also saw these lights...

I did not want to give too much detail on my first post as I dont want you guys to think I am crazy! I saw these lights NE as mentioned, and they were just standing in the air very very far from my point of viewing. I saw what seemed to be a 8-10 "spark" type lights aligned horizontally and blinking randomly... Steady in the air for a few minutes (15mins approx) and then they just stopped blinking. In the meanwhile all these military jets flying all over the sky non-stop.

It well may be coincidence or nothing of importance but I thought it was worth mentioning. (In case anyone snapped a pic!)

;D

e.

I think the frequency of the planes is less now, for a moment i thought it was some ndp rehearsal, but i don't the planes don't stay up in the air so late for rehearsal?

didnt really manage to see the stationery blinking lights as you mentioned, only noticed the roar of planes started around the same time at 7.30pm+ as i was busy doing the dishes.

Later on around 8pm +, felt peculiar that the planes are still up there, circling in the air, could see the fight plane lights circling quite fast. By 9pm, its further away and reduced frequency.

No news flash, no reports in edmw as well...i guess there's no news?
    One-North Explorers

Air Defence exercise going on now, Exercise Bersama Shield... till 6th May 2010. That's why you see so many more military aircraft flying recently.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/expor...IPSUP56-10.pdf

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Otoro View Post
    Air Defence exercise going on now, Exercise Bersama Shield... till 6th May 2010. That's why you see so many more military aircraft flying recently.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/expor...IPSUP56-10.pdf

Cheers!

Really ah? I been home the past few evenings since last week... tonight is the first night i heard planes really flying around in circles for an hour or so.

m) from 0000UTC to 0100UTC on 3, 4, 5 and 6 May 2010.
    n) from 0120UTC to 0220UTC on 3, 4, 5 and 6 May 2010.
    o) from 0250UTC to 0350UTC on 4 and 6 May 2010.
    p) from 0410UTC to 0445UTC on 4 and 6 May 2010.
    q) From 0515UTC to 0550UTC on 4 and 6 May 2010.
    r) From 0610UTC to 0710UTC on 4 and 6 May 2010.
    They are following the 12hour clock?
    One-North Explorers

i also heard the jets flying in hougang just now

was still wondering how come so late still got flying

does it look like this:

http://www.spi.sg/spi_files/woodlands_ufo/index.htm

the nonstationary lights should be kites. aircraft will move.
    Last edited by night86mare; 4th May 2010 at 10:09 PM.

Nope...it was far in the distance... should be quite a big aircraft. If the three saf planes were circling in the sky, the one with blue light should be even slower moving or not moving at all. I couldnt confirm the size, as i only had a glimpse, it was all saf planes circling after that.

another thing i noticed... eduadomi and otoro both created accts just to discuss? -_-
    Last edited by sbs99; 4th May 2010 at 10:21 PM.
    One-North Explorers

singapore where got f-14 .

Last edited by ninelives; 4th May 2010 at 10:44 PM.
    Objection !!!

Could it be exercise drones that the F-15s are chasing?

I have been a member for over a month, maybe more but I havent posted that much. Pretty much reading and learning

It is just kite! and I have one of those kite with LED too

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    does it look like this:

It cannot be kites... These light were a few thousand meters in the air. I mean up there! Not to mention they seemed to be a few kms far from were I was looking, who knows maybe above malaysia, extremely high and far... Definitively not kites.
    Last edited by eduardomi; 5th May 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    does it look like this:

It cannot be kites... These light were a few thousand meters in the air. I mean up there! Not to mention they seemed to be a few kms far from were I was looking, who knows maybe above malaysia, extremely high and far... Definitively not kites.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardomi View Post
    you can estimate the height of something in the sky by looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    It is just kite! and I have one of those kite with LED too
    The posted video is not actual footage of what I saw. The lights on the video are obviously LED or similar (very cool temperature) not to mention the ones I am refering to were high up and shinned differently.

Regards,

e.

It is extremely unlikely the military conducts their exercise near populated areas (example: singapore). Usually carried out over the sea, away from civilians. For example, the army does their training in Lim Chu Kang... (dead don't count as "populated")

The lights you saw could be kites or aircraft circling high above in a holding pattern doing in-flight re-fuelling, but then again, that is extremely unlikely given the proximity to populated areas.

Another possibility that occured before would be military jets scrambled to intercept foreign aircraft:

http://www.spug.sg/forums/showthread...-Seletar/page3

If it is, then we'll know about it in the news... happened twice in recent years, latest was 2008.

http://sgforums.com/forums/1390/topics/304625
    Last edited by Otoro; 5th May 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast