Thread: Always using lowest ISO?

Default Always using lowest ISO?

hi guys.. i am new to photography and i always have this mentailty of using lowest ISO possible when taking pics indoor or outdoor.. shld this be the case?

i noticed that in some reviews the photographer actually use a higher ISO in broad day light even though they can use a lower one? it is not like that are taking pic of a moving object.. why is this so?

Default Re: Always using lowest ISO?

In a review, they are testing for ISO noise. Plain and simple. My own "rule" is to use the lowest ISO needed for a shot.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by mjzsakae View Post
    hi guys.. i am new to photography and i always have this mentailty of using lowest ISO possible when taking pics indoor or outdoor.. shld this be the case?

i noticed that in some reviews the photographer actually use a higher ISO in broad day light even though they can use a lower one? it is not like that are taking pic of a moving object.. why is this so?
    different system, different ways of making it work.

depending on the post process, the noise introduced could easily be minimized by noise-cleaning softwares which gives them extra leeway over users who dont use such techniques.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Yes.

rule of thumb is employ the lowest iso possible in broad daylight, unless they trying to o achieve a certain result by compensating for higher shutter or wider aperture..they will pump up the iso...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

sometimes they grab shots of other things while they are looking to shoot some things.

for example, i will set my street iso at iso400/800..

and then sometimes i will be lazy to change it back to iso100..... after all, these days, IQ at iso400 is still pretty good!