Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographing girls (strangers) on the streets

Default Photographing girls (strangers) on the streets

Just wondering, has anyone ever tried to approach girls on the streets to take photographs of them? I mean local XMMs, not foreigners.

Generally I feel foreigners here wouldnt mind being photographed, but local girls will probably reject I guess, if u approach them for no reasons and wanna take photos of them. Unless the photographer is a female maybe got chance...

I thought of asking my gf to help me approach girls cos I think the chances will probably be higher if a female approaches them, but my gf too shy to approach strangers

Anyone has positive experiences to share with regards to approaching local girls and XMMs?

Default Re: Photographing girls (strangers) on the streets

loca girls? I tell you, most of them , at least 80 percent of them will be negative, esp those very chinese faced typed. Those that you find at bugis street. THose are the type not outgoing at all.

Wah, you're gf steady ah. I think if i suggest that i'd get smacked.

I think xmm not good idea,the media make photographers look bad. so they might be weary?

i won't allow my bf to photograph xmms on the street

keke

but i think he's contented with just photographing me

Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    if u approach them for no reasons and wanna take photos of them. Unless the photographer is a female maybe got chance...
    so what's your reason, keepsake to light up lonely nights?

Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    i would be very, very, very disturbed if my gf was helping me approach xmm on the street FOR NO REASON, and without questioning my motives.

that means that she is probably approaching XDD on the street FOR NO REASON and....

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i would be very, very, very disturbed if my gf was helping me approach xmm on the street FOR NO REASON, and without questioning my motives.

that means that she is probably approaching XDD on the street FOR NO REASON and....
    i approached xdd online to take photos leh

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    loca girls? I tell you, most of them , at least 80 percent of them will be negative, esp those very chinese faced typed. Those that you find at bugis street. THose are the type not outgoing at all.
    well, the official demographic is about 74% chinese.

so this means that some of the non-chinese people have chinese faces.

i approached xdd online to take photos leh
    for no reason?

for no reason?
    for, er, SYPA!!

Quote Originally Posted by LArdius View Post
    Wah, you're gf steady ah. I think if i suggest that i'd get smacked.
    just tell her that $30 per xmm photoshoot in cs, if you find 10 xmm on the street every month willing to let me shoot them for free, that means that i save $300 per month.

after one year, can go on grand tour to europe.

she won't smack you after that.

i approached another kind of XDD on the street also

very cute hor

jokes aside, can threadstarter kindly state if there is a reason why he wants to capture pictures of strangers on the streets, and they must be girls?

are you saying that men are not interesting? or are you using photography as a pretext for something else?

or you are a regular contributor on sggirls.com, you want to up your standard of xmm photos by using dslr instead of using handphone camera to stalk them. just joking only hor.

jokes aside, can threadstarter kindly state if there is a reason why he wants to capture pictures of strangers on the streets, and they must be girls?

are you saying that men are not interesting? or are you using photography as a pretext for something else?

or you are a regular contributor on sggirls.com, you want to up your standard of xmm photos by using dslr instead of using handphone camera to stalk them. just joking only hor.
    Its called Street photograhy.

Ive read a few books about photographing people, and they all mentioned its better to approach people and seek for permission rather than to just take shots unless taking candids.

And the reason i only mention girls is because i don think guys will pose any problems if u asked to photograph them.
    Last edited by android17; 4th May 2010 at 06:48 AM.

keke

but i think he's contented with just photographing me
    And whats ur reason for disallowing ur bf from taking photos of girls if he isnt going to do anything bad?

Im pretty sure u got a very good reason behind it?

And whats ur reason for disallowing ur bf from taking photos of girls if he isnt going to do anything bad?

I think you should find out who riotvan's bf is first

Just wondering, has anyone ever tried to approach girls on the streets to take photographs of them? I mean local XMMs, not foreigners.

Generally I feel foreigners here wouldnt mind being photographed, but local girls will probably reject I guess, if u approach them for no reasons and wanna take photos of them. Unless the photographer is a female maybe got chance...

I thought of asking my gf to help me approach girls cos I think the chances will probably be higher if a female approaches them, but my gf too shy to approach strangers

Anyone has positive experiences to share with regards to approaching local girls and XMMs?

Ive read a few books about photographing people, and they all mentioned its better to approach people and seek for permission rather than to just take shots unless taking candids.

And the reason i only mention girls is because i don think guys will pose any problems if u asked to photograph them.

why only XMM? in the name of street photography? you think guys not willing to pose? or you just not interested to have photos of guys?

come on.......

if most of your photos is xmm on the street, even all of them you have not meet before, that is not call street photography.

your street photography subjects should be come in all size all shape all age group, and no preference on gender, with the right mind set, it will easier to approach people, of course it will still not 100%, but people can tell your sincerity.

anyway, there is a photography project call "100 strangers" go google the flickr group, there is a lot of sharing of how to approach strangers on the street.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I think you should find out who riotvan's bf is first
    hint hint: like all the boys and girsl in courtship, they usually appear together physically or electronically....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

you'd be surprised................

i have only had trouble with guys in london.

btw, true street photography doesn't really involve you asking permission.............. for better examples of that, please check out in-public. you can google for the site.

she's just giving a tongue-in-cheek comment, i have zero interest in shooting girls.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast