Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Original DVDs of old movies

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Original DVDs of old movies

    Anyone knows where we can get original DVDs of older movies ... I'm looking for older movies that did well at the Oscars especially ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Johor Bahru.
    No Kidding.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Mustafa should have it. They even have the Gods Must Be Crazy.
    Any example of how old ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    Anyone knows where we can get original DVDs of older movies ... I'm looking for older movies that did well at the Oscars especially ...
    if you don't mind pre-owned / opened / used, post your request here and you might get some response. otherwise, post your title here; i got a fren who are into Oscar movies (not those blockbuster holliwood movies) and he is collecting blu-ray and offloading his DVD collection

  5. #5

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    You could even check amazon as they have a pretty big collection of old movies on dvd.

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    Mustafa should have it. They even have the Gods Must Be Crazy.
    Any example of how old ?

    Like say the 70s to 80s and onwards, it's not just cos it's older, but some of the titles aren't the common blockbuster movies, that's why hard to find

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    if you don't mind pre-owned / opened / used, post your request here and you might get some response. otherwise, post your title here; i got a fren who are into Oscar movies (not those blockbuster holliwood movies) and he is collecting blu-ray and offloading his DVD collection
    Nope I don't mind pre-owned, so long as it's original, with it's original cover and it's in good shape ... Hmm .. any possibility of me directly communicating with your friend directly ?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    Like say the 70s to 80s and onwards, it's not just cos it's older, but some of the titles aren't the common blockbuster movies, that's why hard to find
    If you can provide me a few titles, I can look out for you when I'm there.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    you can probably try Gramophone too.

  10. #10
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Can try the departmental store above CK (near Keong Saik street).
    They may have some.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Just curious, why would you need DVDs now when you can get them in Bluray at about the same price.

    My code 1s DVDs are collecting dust in the store. But I can't bear to let go.
    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    Just curious, why would you need DVDs now when you can get them in Bluray at about the same price.

    My code 1s DVDs are collecting dust in the store. But I can't bear to let go.
    same here... some not even opened and in bubble wrap.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Guess I'm not alone here
    Love to buy and collect.
    No time or too lazy too watch.

    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Original DVDs of old movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    Guess I'm not alone here
    Love to buy and collect.
    No time or too lazy too watch.

    ya, esp sometimes you buy, no time watch, next minute HBO/Star Movies/Cinemax start showing... kills the fun...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •