Thread: Is Sensor the the soul of the camera

Default Is Sensor the the soul of the camera

In terms of noise, details, colour renditions and image dynamic range has Cropped sensor outperformed FF and has modern digital cameras reach a level that is close to film.

What would make a digital camera image has that of a quality of a film?

Does this site recommended using 6pm with Max fine sharpness?

http://mac.tidings.nu/PinkyPentax/K10D.shtml

see below DCWatch (Sharpness, details)
    Last edited by P3ntx; 3rd May 2010 at 08:19 PM.

Default Re: Is Sensor the the soul of the camera

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    In terms of noise, details, colour renditions and image dynamic range has Cropped sensor outperformed FF and has modern digital cameras reach a level that is close to film.

What would make a digital camera image has that of a quality of a film?

Does this site recommended using 6pm with Max fine sharpness?

http://mac.tidings.nu/PinkyPentax/K10D.shtml

see below DCWatch (Sharpness, details)
    camera got soul meh?

watching too much re-run of "avatar" issit?
    shoot to remember. flickr

don't think crop frame sensors really outperform full frame sensors, that is a statement that is too strong to make for me.

coming close is one thing, outperforming is another. but not everyone needs that image quality.. and when you take the price point into consideration, full frame is not for everyone.

Crop sensors will never ever outperform full frame sensors from the same limitation due to physical limitations. Because the larger size, you can squeeze more stuff into full frame sensors. Think about it in terms of laptops vs. desktop computers.

Digital has outperformed ISO400 and above film for a while, although ISO 50-100 still beats digital in terms of resolution. For storage purposes, black and white film has been proven to last ~100 years. While it remains to be seen how long it will take before modern digital file formats fail to be supported any longer, I have heard someone in this forum mention that it is impossible to find hardware to read his iomega zip discs which are only 10-20 years old.

Shoot a bit of both digital and film to enjoy the best of both worlds

soul of camera?

the user base.....as long got user base to vouch for the brand and camera, any camera can sell one.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

in direction question to your thread title, if you ask me.. the user is the soul of the camera
    anyone can use a film/digital slr, but to make that shot look good, impressive, breath taking? not everyone. you're the soul, the camera is there to make your every move true, every shot remembered. otherwise it'll just be a piece of junk that does nothing but adjusts its 'iris', open its 'eye', record a picture into its brains, close its 'eye', and repeat, without anyone to appreciate or understand what was taken