Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kids with high end gear

Default Re: Kids with high end gear

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Actually wad matters most is the person who owns the eye at the viewfinder...
    Couldn't agree more. If the person holding the camera doesn't own the eye then we've got some jiggery pokery going on. Or someone needs to dial 999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Couldn't agree more. If the person holding the camera doesn't own the eye then we've got some jiggery pokery going on. Or someone needs to dial 999.

or u this fellow

Blog Entries

it is mainly because of a secret agreement, that when ever someone who ask which camera to buy, we just mention the high end stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    it is mainly because of a secret agreement, that when ever someone who ask which camera to buy, we just mention the high end stuff
    noo.... ortega u leaked it out. i know we usually get them to buy the HIGHEST END.and dun teach them anything, then they pekchek and sell it and bns for almost 1/4 the price!

pls learn how to keep trade secrets to ourselves

Allenlonhat, no offend but you quite lame
    ZY workshop - "Even Better Than You Are": Full Day Wedding services

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davidzhangyao View Post
    Allenlonhat, no offend but you quite lame
    nah. i was serious when i said it
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 5th May 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Just last Saturday at Central, a little girl about maybe 7 yrs old with a Canon L lens with a mid level camera body (If not wrong).... My frd and me are really shocked.

why all the emotion when other youngsters own gears?

Quote Originally Posted by kkvolution View Post
    Just last Saturday at Central, a little girl about maybe 7 yrs old with a Canon L lens with a mid level camera body (If not wrong).... My frd and me are really shocked.
    What's new? Kids these days snuck off with their parent's iPhones or Expensive whatchamacallits while they were not looking. I won't be surprised if some actually do that... unless of course we see the parents behind them do the supportive parent bid...

I think I'll be amused if I'm entitled to a free show when they actually managed to drop the expensive equipment in front of my vision... then again, maybe the parents won't get angry, but who the heck cares?? It is really none of our beeswax, guys!!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 5th May 2010 at 09:36 PM.

I think by 7 they know how to read the letter "L" and distinguish the red colour. What was shocking?

What makes you, your friend, me or anyone else a more rightful user of a D1 Mark 20 or an L lens?

Well, my frd and me never seen one before, that why we are shocked at that instance. However, after this, if we see again, we will not react like the same way as last Saturday.

Well, my frd and me never seen one before, that why we are shocked at that instance. However, after this, if we see again, we will not react like the same way as last Saturday.
    Aiyah, just say so lah! Next time you see such a thing just approach the kid: "come, let unker see see and test test your very expensive toy.. then teach you a skill or two so you know how and when to take xmm photos, okie?"...

You get used to it and become immune to it. Until you get your own kids.. I sometimes pass my working Nikon to my son (8 year old). Not to heavy he says, he prefers the larger LCD.... would you say no? Maybe now, but when they are yours....

Oh no, this is becoming just like the other youth revolution threads where sour grape eaters start crashing their discussions.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Oh no, this is becoming just like the other youth revolution threads where sour grape eaters start crashing their discussions.
    Tomorrow's headlines: Breakthrough in social studies @ the Kopitiam in Clubsnap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime View Post
    Sure it matters who's got the biggest stick, but it matters a helluva lot more who's swinging it.
    hahaha this actually makes alot of sense !

will make a note to remember it
    errr... it doesn't take much strength to press the trigger.....

on the bright side.... we have more quality photos to enjoy...
    on the dark side.... we have more camera and lenses to trade...hehehe.... making lenses and camera more affordable.
    on my side.... I just focus on improving my craft.... why bother...

Just last week, me and my friend saw a little boy about 3 years old running around with a 1ds3 and a 70-200 f/2.8 doing street portrait, we were shocked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    Just last week, me and my friend saw a little boy about 3 years old running around with a 1ds3 and a 70-200 f/2.8 doing street portrait, we were shocked!!!
    that's my little cousin.

spank him for me the next time you see him. he stole my camera and lens, and refuses to give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's my little cousin.

spank him for me the next time you see him. he stole my camera and lens, and refuses to give it back.

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    You get used to it and become immune to it. Until you get your own kids.. I sometimes pass my working Nikon to my son (8 year old). Not to heavy he says, he prefers the larger LCD.... would you say no? Maybe now, but when they are yours....
    Hi Marios,

I have a 11 year old kid, and I'll never pass him my expensive equipment especially when he's out on his own. Why? For a very simple reason - his life and safety - I'd treasure that more than any expensive equipment I own... Given his age and size, I don't think he can fend off any attackers who might eye on the equipment. It is the very same reason why old folks who were brandishing their jewelries were getting mugged in the lifts. Why put yourself into harm's way, just so you can show off your bling blings? I'd call that stupidity. Till this day, I have noticed parents who couldn't wait to buy their younglings iPhones, expensive cameras, etc etc... I'd know coz my kid would let me know as his classmates will officially announce their newly attained toys in class... I could very well do the same (it's not that I cannot afford them), but I believe in my sound reasoning. And he understands when I explained to him what I've just mentioned above. Why couldn't we wait until he's much older, what's the rush anyway?

It's okay to let him use the equipment when we're around and make sure we're in the right places... This maybe Singapore, where crime rate isn't as high as some cities or nations, BUT... there will always be those who are desperate (to pay off their debts, out of work, professional snatch thieves...) and who wouldn't think twice about taking out a machete to slash whoever's fingers just to get what they want... And REALLY... we want to afford them that chance, and put our loved ones on the line?..... May the wiser minds prevail...

Btw, no offense intended. Just sharing my views. Glad you're proud of your kid, he certainly knows his stuff. :-)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 5th May 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast