Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids with high end gear

Default Re: Kids with high end gear

Well TS, how do you know the parent bought the camera for the kids? Perhaps they borrow the gears from their parent for that particular event? I let my son take my 5D MKII and 85L out once in a while and he does not own any camera gears other than a FujiFilm F31fd P&S...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    omg , they shot better than me !!

I quit !!
    wow

I am going to dig a hole and stick my head in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    You money earned is to fund hobby or basic necessities? If the former, then not considered poor liao loh....
    hobby bah. its gonna last damn long anyways. started off with minolta film slr wad. then parents realised how much NOT cost friendly using film is and lucky strike 4d
    so camera with all my lenses are funded by the god of luck hehe

If I get elected I promise to restrict camera sales to over 21s. Consumers will be required to produced 2 different forms of government recognised ID to be able to buy cameras. Selling cameras to underaged children will become a capital offence, and buying cameras on behalf of underaged children will result in a fine and imprisonment, or both.

Some day we'll figure out how to differentiate the ones who can't take decent pictures (of any age), but until then, this will have to do.

Why worry so much if kids are holding high end camera bodies and lenses? If you can take great photos, i believe you have nothing to be worried with kids who holds high end gear who can't shoot for nuts. There's no above 18 only sales

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    If I get elected I promise to restrict camera sales to over 21s. Consumers will be required to produced 2 different forms of government recognised ID to be able to buy cameras. Selling cameras to underaged children will become a capital offence, and buying cameras on behalf of underaged children will result in a fine and imprisonment, or both.

Some day we'll figure out how to differentiate the ones who can't take decent pictures (of any age), but until then, this will have to do.
    i will vote for you so that that young punk who still has milk teeth in his mouth cannot own me at photography.

because of higher standard of living, people are more educated , they have better job, and hence also richer. they can afford to buy high end equipments for their kids.

have you heard about those kids under 10 years old carrying iphone ? damn, i don't even have one....
    Last edited by ninelives; 3rd May 2010 at 08:56 PM.
    Objection !!!

Andrew is that you? ^^

Andrew is that you? ^^
    yes, you miss me? wow, when was the last time we met? 10 yrs ago?
    Objection !!!

Abit off topic, whats XMM?

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    yes, you miss me? wow, when was the last time we met? 10 yrs ago?
    o.O

No, just surprised to see a friendly... erm, nick... that you were still around. Truth be told I didn't even know you'd crossed over into CS, hence I wasn't sure if it was you!

It's good to see you're still around tho, and I assume still taking pics

Yes, must be about 10 years +/- 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    Abit off topic, whats XMM?
    On topic with the off topic, I want to know too plox. I know what it refers to, but I'm trying to figure out what it stands for or how it came to be referred to as XMM?

Throw in a $100 camera shop entry levy as well, so that kids would be turned off from going camera shop and getting BBB

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    Well TS, how do you know the parent bought the camera for the kids? Perhaps they borrow the gears from their parent for that particular event? I let my son take my 5D MKII and 85L out once in a while and he does not own any camera gears other than a FujiFilm F31fd P&S...
    True true. Strange...never though of tat...hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some kids with high end gear; under 10: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...nners-under-10

11-14: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...11-to-14-years

15-17: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...15-to-17-years

at the very least there is no obsession with xmm yet.
    Whoa! Good stuff. Good stuff.

Like how children pick up the violin or piano at a young age, the next generation kids will be picking up photography.

I think to be fair...I think some kids really know their stuffs..but dun necessary match with the model they use...however, many that I encountered use flash for night scenery...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Whoa! Good stuff. Good stuff.

Like how children pick up the violin or piano at a young age, the next generation kids will be picking up photography.
    but violin/pianos are all not cheap to start with...as for cameras, there is a wider variety of choice...I think it's always good to start with PnS..if you dun get something at lower end, how do you appreciate a model that gives you higher end...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Kids cannot carry high end gear ... but its ok for us to parade our "arsenal of cameras and lenses" in the signature line of our every post here in CS for the world to see ...

come on people - get some perspective !

I'm not really fussed about young people carrying DSLRs around (in fact im one of them), but I'm put off by people who get DSLRs to "improve the IQ" of their camwhore photos so they can flood facebook with thousands of pics of themselves in the same pose with different people or at different locations and lag the **** out of FB...

Blog Entries

On topic with the off topic, I want to know too plox. I know what it refers to, but I'm trying to figure out what it stands for or how it came to be referred to as XMM?
    xiao mei mei. aka chinese for small little girl.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast