Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 109

Thread: Kids with high end gear

  1. #1

    Default Kids with high end gear

    Is it just me or are more and more kids using high end gear? Just saturday at marina bay sands i saw this kid like not more than 15 using something with a BG and red ring lens. (on the side-note i realised almost a quarter of the people there using rebel with kit lens. Also saw this guy blasting his pop-up at cbd night landscape at the pavilion, i see almost want to laugh)

  2. #2
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Is it just me or are more and more kids using high end gear? Just saturday at marina bay sands i saw this kid like not more than 15 using something with a BG and red ring lens. (on the side-note i realised almost a quarter of the people there using rebel with kit lens. Also saw this guy blasting his pop-up at cbd night landscape at the pavilion, i see almost want to laugh)

    (:

    and tats the reason why i didnt get bg nor kit lenses. purposely picked the tamron 17-50 instead of 18-55

    and i dun use on camera flash. i have both a strobist kit and a continuous lighting set

    and i'm not rich. i'm poor. work and earn money during part time jobs haha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    not only kids..almost everyone is using dslr now.

    i went to sentosa for the "song of the sea" last week, and there was a lady sitting in front of me. from the start till end..she keep on "snap snap snap" with the built in flash. ..
    enough said...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    (:

    and tats the reason why i didnt get bg nor kit lenses. purposely picked the tamron 17-50 instead of 18-55

    and i dun use on camera flash. i have both a strobist kit and a continuous lighting set

    and i'm not rich. i'm poor. work and earn money during part time jobs haha
    So good, got tammy to differentiate yourself. I using 15-85, a bit hard to differentiate from kit lens la

  5. #5

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by kokfann View Post
    not only kids..almost everyone is using dslr now.

    i went to sentosa for the "song of the sea" last week, and there was a lady sitting in front of me. from the start till end..she keep on "snap snap snap" with the built in flash. ..
    enough said...
    'song of the sea' with build in flash? Nice one, can imagine the keeper rate then go home see the photo 'argh! So lousy! Dslr where got gd?' then next day another camera with kit appears on b&s

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Is it just me or are more and more kids using high end gear? Just saturday at marina bay sands i saw this kid like not more than 15 using something with a BG and red ring lens. (on the side-note i realised almost a quarter of the people there using rebel with kit lens. Also saw this guy blasting his pop-up at cbd night landscape at the pavilion, i see almost want to laugh)
    sounds like jealousy talking!

    they use high end gear they use high end gear lor......... *if* you take better pictures with low end gear, then so insecure for what?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    lol as long as u make good use of it..

    i once saw during f1.someone carrying 1d mk3 probably rented, with 24-70 and speedlite trying to shoot through the fence. i tried not to laugh but very hard..

  8. #8

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    some kids with high end gear; under 10: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...nners-under-10

    11-14: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...11-to-14-years

    15-17: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...15-to-17-years

    at the very least there is no obsession with xmm yet.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sounds like jealousy talking!

    they use high end gear they use high end gear lor......... *if* you take better pictures with low end gear, then so insecure for what?
    I'm just a bit a bit surprised that parents will buy L lens for them these days man, although i personally don't disapprove(honestly i am a bit jealous)

  10. #10

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some kids with high end gear; under 10: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...nners-under-10

    11-14: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...11-to-14-years

    15-17: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...15-to-17-years

    at the very least there is no obsession with xmm yet.
    omg , they shot better than me !!

    I quit !!
    Objection !!!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    I'm just a bit a bit surprised that parents will buy L lens for them these days man, although i personally don't disapprove(honestly i am a bit jealous)
    have you been to forum shopping centre at tanglin?

    those little baby garments that are branded cost $500 a piece. 3 pieces gets you an L lens.

    are you going to be jealous of the baby wearing it?

    you should never begrudge people for being rich, although you can judge them if they do not make use of what they have. in my opinion.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    some kids with high end gear; under 10: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...nners-under-10

    11-14: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...11-to-14-years

    15-17: http://www.photoradar.com/young-phot...15-to-17-years

    at the very least there is no obsession with xmm yet.
    Under 10 years old with 5d mk2 and brick? The kid must be taking steroids to be able to shoot that photo sia

    Wah, later got some kid see your post then really go obsess with xmm

  13. #13

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    have you been to forum shopping centre at tanglin?

    those little baby garments that are branded cost $500 a piece. 3 pieces gets you an L lens.

    are you going to be jealous of the baby wearing it?

    you should never begrudge people for being rich, although you can judge them if they do not make use of what they have. in my opinion.
    Nah, i got nothing against rich people, its just when i see then i'll be like 'WOW, that kid has that'

    And actually 2 baby garments can get you 'L', 17-40 sub 1k on b&s

  14. #14

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    omg , they shot better than me !!

    I quit !!
    Don't worry, i'm sure a lot of people will feel the same way when they see what we just saw

  15. #15
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    ;D yes. mroe importantly, just differentiate urself from them.

    for me its easy bah. i can take photos, i know how to operate my camera and each shot of mine is my own.
    can liao

  16. #16

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by fozosix View Post
    lol as long as u make good use of it..

    i once saw during f1.someone carrying 1d mk3 probably rented, with 24-70 and speedlite trying to shoot through the fence. i tried not to laugh but very hard..
    I wouldn't even try not to laugh...

  17. #17
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Is it just me or are more and more kids using high end gear? Just saturday at marina bay sands i saw this kid like not more than 15 using something with a BG and red ring lens. (on the side-note i realised almost a quarter of the people there using rebel with kit lens. Also saw this guy blasting his pop-up at cbd night landscape at the pavilion, i see almost want to laugh)
    I don't think there is anything worth to talk about,
    maybe they have a rich father, but I don't, so be it.

    and also, I will not look down any of them,
    today they maybe just a newbie,
    maybe they can shoot better than me in a few years later,
    so who will have the last laugh will never know...
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok, Singapore
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I don't think there is anything worth to talk about,
    maybe they have a rich father, but I don't, so be it.

    and also, I will not look down any of them,
    today they maybe just a newbie,
    maybe they can shoot better than me in a few years later,
    so who will have the last laugh will never know...
    Agreed

    Even if they never ever end up taking good photos, so be it. They worked hard to earn the money. Who are we to tell them how to spend it.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    (:

    and tats the reason why i didnt get bg nor kit lenses. purposely picked the tamron 17-50 instead of 18-55

    and i dun use on camera flash. i have both a strobist kit and a continuous lighting set

    and i'm not rich. i'm poor. work and earn money during part time jobs haha
    You money earned is to fund hobby or basic necessities? If the former, then not considered poor liao loh....

  20. #20
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: Kids with high end gear

    Last Sunday I juz saw a 12-13yrs pretty girl who carry 5DMK2 with 24-70 f2.8 L and shotting photo @ Orchard area with her friends..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •