3rd May 2010, 02:42 PM
Planning a Photography Exhibition (Travel Themed)
I recently got invited to do my first mini photography exhibition in a cafe & bar (travel themed, 10 works), some questions ponders me while I was doing my planning:
1. I was told that canvas printing gives good quality, and is better for selling (than photo paper print). What is your opinion on such?
2. I was been recommended using Brilliant Printing's service for canvas printing. What is your opinion on cost, quality and services of this company?
3. I am planning to do either a 41x61cm (S$120) or 51x76cm (S$175) print. Does such size seems ok for commercial selling?
4. Some friends told me that landscape and non-people subjects are better for selling as it is better for house decoration. People might feel "ban dang" to use stranger themed subjects for home deco. What is your take?
4. I am planning to sell the photography at ~3-4 times the cost of the printing, which is prob 450-600. What's your gut feel on sellability of such a cost? (My objective is to sell around 2-3 out of 10 prints to break even)
A sample of my exhibited photos are here for your reference (photo #2, #8, #10, #11, #14, #18, #19, #20):
3rd May 2010, 03:52 PM
Tags for this Thread