Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: Financial advice .

Blog Entries

Default Re: Financial advice .

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    no one is born to be good in anything.

what makes a genius and an ordinary person is one has drive and passion in his craft and the other don't.

I have seen some of nightmare's photos... the effort and passion he put into his craft is what makes the difference between his and others photo. If you have seen what he has to go through to get his photo, you probably would have sell away your camera and use the money to fund another interest.

P.S. maybe can use the money to get a decent tuition teacher and get good grades.
    no dun u dare influence him into tuition.
    its the worst way to waste money. listen in class, do urself. sec 2 stuff are easy peasy. just dun sleep. i slept and i screwed up. spent more than double to catch up later.

A strong boo to tuition . It just for parents with extra cash to burn . Enough on studies . Off phone I'm studying , I go cs also studying . Ahhhhhhhh !
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    A strong boo to tuition . It just for parents with extra cash to burn . Enough on studies . Off phone I'm studying , I go cs also studying . Ahhhhhhhh !
    I didn't know that you can study in CS

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    no dun u dare influence him into tuition.
    its the worst way to waste money. listen in class, do urself. sec 2 stuff are easy peasy. just dun sleep. i slept and i screwed up. spent more than double to catch up later.
    strangely I can't help it but agree... because it is still up to the student whether wanted to ace the paper or not. A good tuition teacher no matter how good, is still just a guide. you still have to walk it yourself.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    strangely I can't help it but agree... because it is still up to the student whether wanted to ace the paper or not. A good tuition teacher no matter how good, is still just a guide. you still have to walk it yourself.

Enough said.
    Study ask in talk about studying . Sorry for not being detailed . I believe studying is twotiered . If then teacher is willing to teach , you must be willing to to learn .

Blog Entries

Study ask in talk about studying . Sorry for not being detailed . I believe studying is twotiered . If then teacher is willing to teach , you must be willing to to learn .
    self study best. until i hit a wall i dun like finding teachers haha.

self study best. until i hit a wall i dun like finding teachers haha.
    Oh btw , if I work at pc show full day , what's the rate like ?

I think this thread is degrading into a non-photography related kopitiam discussion..... Maybe its time to close the thread?

After I get my reply , yes .

Blog Entries

rates can be from 5 bucks per hour to maybe a high 10 + commission. depends on who u working for.

and i oddly suspect tat if u work for canon and u sell out like say a 1dsmk4 u can get quite a hfty commission

This is really an overly discussed thread and it would be a good idea to close it.

The new generation of today's society has different value systems. Slowly and gradually, no longer are people taking part-time jobs (while still schooling) to help contribute to the food on the table. At the age of 14, my top concern then was whether my parents have the money to pay for my school fees ... Today, it is all about 'I' ...

As for TS, if you really want to earn money to satisfy the craving for the 50mm, there are many ways to do it. Judging from the passion you are going about asking all these questions, I am sure you will find a way. Be it, working for fast food restaurants, exhibitions, or as an assistant to a photographer - just make sure your dad and mum knows about it - i think there is still regulation on the minimum "employ-able" age.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711 View Post
    This is really an overly discussed thread and it would be a good idea to close it.

The new generation of today's society has different value systems. Slowly and gradually, no longer are people taking part-time jobs (while still schooling) to help contribute to the food on the table. At the age of 14, my top concern then was whether my parents have the money to pay for my school fees ... Today, it is all about 'I' ...

As for TS, if you really want to earn money to satisfy the craving for the 50mm, there are many ways to do it. Judging from the passion you are going about asking all these questions, I am sure you will find a way. Be it, working for fast food restaurants, exhibitions, or as an assistant to a photographer - just make sure your dad and mum knows about it - i think there is still regulation on the minimum "employ-able" age.
    if we were to close issues just because they are over discussed, we would be shutting off almost every single thread on what camera shld i get.

Well, looking at the way things have spiral, there is no relation to a newbie to photography discussion. What purpose does it serve? We are not even talking whether a 50mm f/1.8 prime is a good lens or in anyway relating to photography.

If there is any where that this topic should be discussed, might as well do it in the kopitiam thread.

if we were to close issues just because they are over discussed, we would be shutting off almost every single thread on what camera shld i get.

Would appreciate it if a mod moves this to the kopitiam like how the "haunted 24mm lens" talk was moved.

Everytime there is a new post, I end up reading (and wasting my time) hoping that there'd be something new that I don't already know or haven't been discussed before.

To TS: It's your life! It's your hobby. It's commendable that you don't want to depend on your parents for your gear at your age. Try to find a compromise for yourself with all the advice given here already.

This where I won't agree with you. If your teacher is lousy or not willing to teach, you must still be willing to learn because in the end, you are the only person to benefit by your own hard work.

Studying is never two tiered. In my time, I work as a hawker assistant to pay for my school fees and pocket money. I walk to school cos I didn't have money. My uniform got holes in it cos it was donated to me by my classmates. My first camera was a Pentax which I saved 10 years to buy in 1972. Today with hard work, I can have everything money can buy. Why? Because I work hard for it. Think long term. Working for it instead of asking parents for money is a good thing. But doing it with a correct principal is more important.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

YES. poor me. bo bian wad. dad owns the company. drags me in and pays me 20 bucks a day

so far i been painting walls, doing skirting, plastering walls, fixing toiletbowls (yes i can even cement it to the ground and install it nice), drill cut chop hammer smash glue break bash.

on the plus side, i get time off to go sch as and when i need to during the hols
    cool ! U see the world early ..

I prefer a first hand one , a calmer state of mind . Err the remaining money used for hood and uv filter ? I dunno got such thing or not ? Oh and the reverse ring too .
    50mm f1.8 with a hood and reverse ring ? U really got the BBB virus ..

I feel enough of taking my parents money and want to feel the hard way of earning it . So I wanted to do something out of it . And I apologised to cl already .
    I heard from others that it's gonna be hard . So I decided not to do that anymore . I would rather spent time on better things .
    Contradiction I see..

Quote Originally Posted by oracle0711 View Post
    Well, looking at the way things have spiral, there is no relation to a newbie to photography discussion. What purpose does it serve? We are not even talking whether a 50mm f/1.8 prime is a good lens or in anyway relating to photography.

If there is any where that this topic should be discussed, might as well do it in the kopitiam thread.

my sentiments exactly hence i have stayed off this post.

i thought my inputs in the first few post would have answered 70% of the ts question but apparently not.

there are no right or wrong answers.

but more importantly, i think many of us have provided different perspective, as well as where and how to canvass for a job to earn some pocket money.
    Last edited by pokiemon; 5th May 2010 at 11:18 AM.

i think zao liao haha. maybe we too emo till he cannot stand it

oh wait. remember now its sch time? sec 2s shld be jsut arriving home now.

as for me i made it a point to carry laptop to sch and use hehe. jc1 use sch internet. everything free. power also use sch one. ABUSEEE
    Very good ar nowadays ... last timenot even have a pager ..now got free internet in sch .

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast