Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 178

Thread: Financial advice .

  1. #121
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    Today was the start of my exams . Haha I nothin to do then visit CS talk talk loh . Today turned out not so well , underestimated the test . Alevel is my highest . I think probably I would go the poly way . Stress ahhhhhhh . Flash maybe not so soon . I'll upload my pictures next weekend . And apologies for missing out some people comments . This is a messy lot reply but it's iPhone , I can't multi quote . Rofl .
    Oh you finally logged in.Do note that you need a web hosting site(Flickr/Photobucket/Imageshack) to host your pictures here

    P.S Sell your IPhone and get a normal phone and you'll be able to get a flash

  2. #122

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    Today was the start of my exams . Haha I nothin to do then visit CS talk talk loh . Today turned out not so well , underestimated the test . Alevel is my highest . I think probably I would go the poly way . Stress ahhhhhhh . Flash maybe not so soon . I'll upload my pictures next weekend . And apologies for missing out some people comments . This is a messy lot reply but it's iPhone , I can't multi quote . Rofl .
    if you sell your iphone you can buy a flash and 50mm f/1.8.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i am still wondering how a 50mm prime will help you get into stock.

    the other day someone was making a lot of noise in pentax section about how kit lens and k10d were probably not good enough for stock.

    i happily dug out quite a number of stock photos with exif that showed even k100d with kit lens being used.

    the 18-200 VR + d90 not good enough for stock?

    http://www.shutterpoint.com/lens/Nik...00%20VR%20Lens

    even d70 with this lens is accepted.
    Im not saying I'm equips are not good enough to go stock . I am very proud about my equips . Just that I want to have a prime to play with . The f1.8 is tempting maaaaaaan , not mentioning the macro ability when reverse or sth like this when mentioned by someone from my another thread . I just want more fun . And tht lens would hold the key to it . More fun , yes , but with an hardworking price with it . Yes I know some people disagree .
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

  4. #124

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    if you sell your iphone you can buy a flash and 50mm f/1.8.
    The iPhone is my bro one . If without him , my restricted net access will deter me from talking to you .
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

  5. #125

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    Im not saying I'm equips are not good enough to go stock . I am very proud about my equips . Just that I want to have a prime to play with . The f1.8 is tempting maaaaaaan , not mentioning the macro ability when reverse or sth like this when mentioned by someone from my another thread . I just want more fun . And tht lens would hold the key to it . More fun , yes , but with an hardworking price with it . Yes I know some people disagree .
    macro with reverse mount?

    i think you need to read up more......... the dof very very shallow.

  6. #126
    Member hetfieldpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    www.flickr.com/hetfieldpaul
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Go and find a job during your June Holidays, easiest way like working in mcdonalds or whatsoever

  7. #127

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    The iPhone is my bro one . If without him , my restricted net access will deter me from talking to you .
    ok, sell your brother's iphone and you can buy 50mm f/1.8 and flash.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    The iPhone is my bro one . If without him , my restricted net access will deter me from talking to you .
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    macro with reverse mount?

    i think you need to read up more......... the dof very very shallow.
    Don't talk to him liao. He's sneaking in internet time when supposed to study.

  9. #129
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    The iPhone is my bro one . If without him , my restricted net access will deter me from talking to you .
    Then use your computer or laptop to talk to us lor

  10. #130
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ok, sell your brother's iphone and you can buy 50mm f/1.8 and flash.
    wah...this is what i call "insist"...
    2nd time about the iphone...

    anyway, the iphone strucks something in me...if a sec 2 student is so used to using the luxurious stuffs...does he really appreciate the value of money...??
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    To TS: whatever your needs may be, just balance it between what you have and what you can buy ba! I agree - macro shots sounds fun but it will be good if you have a tripod if you intend to do what i think u wanna do

    like night86mare said the dof very shallow so aperture must stop down quite abit - and u need a slower shutter - AND u still need flash. XD

    have fun with your new toy sounds like you bought your 50mm already

  12. #132
    Member ChengB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    From a student's point of view, i would really recommend you to focus on your studies first. I'm currently a student as well (JC2), and i do not have my own DSLR (rely on sch's club's cameras), so i can totally relate to how you feel when you say you want to delve deeper photography and shoot better photos.

    But again as a student, you would do well to study first, especially since you are in Sg. And face it, without a good cert, nobody would really want to hire you to work for them. So why not make a little compromise and devote more attention to your studies for the time being? Sure, you can continue taking good photos, but when you get a nice income in the future, you can go get your 5DII or 1DIV or D3s or wadever it is you want (along with your 50mm, if you still want it by then).

    Anyway, in context of your question, i would suggest to shoot more with wad you have (which isnt bad either) during your holidays and enjoy yourself instead of working it out. Go out with more friends too, ppl (generally) love having photographers around when they go on outings.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    wah...this is what i call "insist"...
    2nd time about the iphone...

    anyway, the iphone strucks something in me...if a sec 2 student is so used to using the luxurious stuffs...does he really appreciate the value of money...??
    if ts is willing to work to buy something. then yes i believe he does already one can really appreciate the value of money when one is a poor man's photographer think many of us here goes through that phase cept a lucky few

    as students we're limited by money

    but i was talking to a colleague interested in photography.. working class got money, no time

  14. #134

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    if ts is willing to work to buy something. then yes i believe he does already one can really appreciate the value of money when one is a poor man's photographer think many of us here goes through that phase cept a lucky few

    as students we're limited by money

    but i was talking to a colleague interested in photography.. working class got money, no time
    Lol constraint by everything ! I want to appreciate the value of money thts why I asked for the recommendations in jobs for this thread . I have a 190xprob and 804rc2 . Thts a bday present . I dun have money to buy 50mm , thts why I post this thread mahhh , lol what makes you think I buy my 50mm alr ? Haha . Sry again forthe mess .
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

  15. #135
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ang View Post
    if ts is willing to work to buy something. then yes i believe he does already one can really appreciate the value of money when one is a poor man's photographer think many of us here goes through that phase cept a lucky few

    as students we're limited by money

    but i was talking to a colleague interested in photography.. working class got money, no time
    that's the point...TS should spend my time creating photographs than becoming a photography equipment collector....
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  16. #136

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    Lol constraint by everything ! I want to appreciate the value of money thts why I asked for the recommendations in jobs for this thread . I have a 190xprob and 804rc2 . Thts a bday present . I dun have money to buy 50mm , thts why I post this thread mahhh , lol what makes you think I buy my 50mm alr ? Haha . Sry again forthe mess .
    cuz you say you going to upload your photos ma! like going to share your harvest

  17. #137
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    that's the point...TS should spend my time creating photographs than becoming a photography equipment collector....
    correcting my prev comment...

    TS should spend more time studying, then creating photographs, than becoming a photography equipment collector
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  18. #138
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    Im not saying I'm equips are not good enough to go stock . I am very proud about my equips . Just that I want to have a prime to play with . The f1.8 is tempting maaaaaaan , not mentioning the macro ability when reverse or sth like this when mentioned by someone from my another thread . I just want more fun . And tht lens would hold the key to it . More fun , yes , but with an hardworking price with it . Yes I know some people disagree .
    erm. as ngihtmare says, dof might be shallow. i rather reverse my tele and mount lawl.
    my f1.8 50mm is damn under utilized. but not tmr. nono. tmr i'm getting myself a nice cut out image and i'm gonna do heart shaped bokkehs wahha.

  19. #139

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    I'm not a good person when it comes to academics . I look for other area to excel . But now I becoming Jack of all trades , master of none . Okay tht was a joke .
    I still have a 18-200mm to take Picts mah !haha
    NIKON D90 | NIKKOR 35mm F/1.8G | NIKKOR 50mm F/1.8D | TOKINA 11-16mm F/2.8

  20. #140

    Default Re: Financial advice .

    Quote Originally Posted by loozhengyuan View Post
    I'm not a good person when it comes to academics . I look for other area to excel . But now I becoming Jack of all trades , master of none . Okay tht was a joke .
    I still have a 18-200mm to take Picts mah !haha
    no one is born to be good in anything.

    what makes a genius and an ordinary person is one has drive and passion in his craft and the other don't.

    I have seen some of nightmare's photos... the effort and passion he put into his craft is what makes the difference between his and others photo. If you have seen what he has to go through to get his photo, you probably would have sell away your camera and use the money to fund another interest.

    P.S. maybe can use the money to get a decent tuition teacher and get good grades.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •