Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Reverse Development of Photos

  1. #1

    Default Reverse Development of Photos

    Just wondering if there is such a thing. I have this photo that I want to develop a negative for it so I can develop as and when I need the photo. (Passport-sized photo) Is it possible to develop a negative from just the photo itself?

    If so, where can I find such services?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    In short, you can take a photo of the photo using film. Depending on how precisely you want it, you may need to go through some pretty tedious alignment. How did you get that photo? I assume it was from digital, then sent to print? Why not just get the original digital file?
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBern View Post
    Just wondering if there is such a thing. I have this photo that I want to develop a negative for it so I can develop as and when I need the photo. (Passport-sized photo) Is it possible to develop a negative from just the photo itself?

    If so, where can I find such services?

    Thanks!
    Why not just scan it and resize.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    It was taken at some photo shop, I forgotten where, and developed straight with no negatives no digital file as well.

    Nice passport-sized photos are hard to come by and I need a few of these lol. Will scanning do just fine?

    But the quality of the picture, I assume it will be decreased as compared to the original photo? But to what extend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Why not just scan it and resize.
    Yeah! Just thought of it after I replied lol. Does any photo shop do this scanning and printing service?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    With scanned photos, you can even make yourself a few years younger.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Most if not all provide scanning services.

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBern View Post
    It was taken at some photo shop, I forgotten where, and developed straight with no negatives no digital file as well.

    Nice passport-sized photos are hard to come by and I need a few of these lol. Will scanning do just fine?

    But the quality of the picture, I assume it will be decreased as compared to the original photo? But to what extend?



    Yeah! Just thought of it after I replied lol. Does any photo shop do this scanning and printing service?
    any digilab do offer scan and print service, however, the results are very much depends on the original you supply them.

    anyway, it is always more economy just to redo a passport photos, beside, for legal passport photos has to be taken recently.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    What are the use of the passport size photos? Most, if not all, applications nowaday allows the use of digital print from photo taken by oneself, even apply for passport.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    How about IC? Sorry I know this is a photo forum and I'm making this a general query thread. :s Please forgive me. Lol.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    any digilab do offer scan and print service, however, the results are very much depends on the original you supply them.

    anyway, it is always more economy just to redo a passport photos, beside, for legal passport photos has to be taken recently.
    This photo was taken a couple of months ago. According to ICA website they say have to be at least 3 months ago so I guess I'm safe. Apart from that I can also use this for my future 'not-so-important' cards mah hahah.

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    With scanned photos, you can even make yourself a few years younger.
    Passport photos are not allow to alter or retouch.

    other headshots can.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Passport photos are not allow to alter or retouch.

    other headshots can.
    Don't have to retouch; just make it a little soft or out of focus and all your wrinkles will disappear.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBern View Post
    How about IC? Sorry I know this is a photo forum and I'm making this a general query thread. :s Please forgive me. Lol.
    You can take your own photo, crop it and send the file to them over the net.

    Your photograph:
    - Preferred Image Dimension of 400 (Width) x 514 (Height) pixels;
    - File size less than 60 Kbytes (File size can be reduced by compressing your image);
    - Must be in colour taken against plain white background without shadows;
    - Taken within the last 3 months; and
    - Show the full face and without headgear;
    - (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
    - Preferred Resolution of 150 dpi
    Last edited by krazyman; 3rd May 2010 at 10:43 AM.

  14. #14
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Don't have to retouch; just make it a little soft or out of focus and all your wrinkles will disappear.
    19 years old start to have wrinkles, what kind of lifestyle TS has?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  15. #15
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    19 years old start to have wrinkles, what kind of lifestyle TS has?
    Sorry, did'nt know he's only 19

  16. #16

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    20 this year. Pretty old already leh. My lifestyle like vampire one lol. Sometimes I don't know how I even survive the day without sleeping and feel normal. Got quite a handful of people whom I just met thought that I'm like 25 - 27 like that. Sad. ):

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    In the old days before the scanner, there is actually a setup where you mount a camera on a standing frame, and the photo below. You actually take a photo of a photo. I saw it before when I was young.

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Reverse Development of Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    In the old days before the scanner, there is actually a setup where you mount a camera on a standing frame, and the photo below. You actually take a photo of a photo. I saw it before when I was young.
    this is the set up without using a copystand..

    How to set up for copywork
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •